Job description / Role
Our client a well know institution is currently looking to hire an Legal Translator – Arabic Speaker to be based in Abu Dhabi. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Follow ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information.
• Translate messages simultaneously or consecutively into specified languages, orally or by using hand signs, maintaining message content, context, and style as much as possible.
• Listen to speakers’ statements to determine meanings and to prepare translations, using electronic listening systems as necessary.
• Compile terminology and information to be used in translations, including technical terms such as those for legal or medical material.
• Read written materials, such as legal documents, or news reports, and rewrite material into specified languages.
• Check translations of technical terms and terminology to ensure that they are accurate and remain consistent throughout translation revisions.
• Refer to reference materials, such as dictionaries, lexicons, encyclopedias, and computerized terminology banks, as needed to ensure translation accuracy.
• Proofread, edit, and revise translated materials.
• Check original texts or confer with authors to ensure that translations retain the content, meaning, and feeling of the original material.
• Provide general administrative support to a team of senior managers
• Producing various documents both in English and Arabic text materials
• Arrange travel itineraries and hotel bookings through preferred travel agency
• Arrange meetings and prepare meeting materials
• Perform other administrative duties that maybe assigned as and when required