Job description / Role
WTS Energy is seeking to hire Legal Counsel for one of its client who is a reputed ship building and marine engineering company.
Reviewing commercial agreements, taking down minutes of meetings, and assisting with shipping corporate, competition, employment, regulatory, environmental, property, insurance and other ad-hoc legal matters, whether of a litigation or transactional nature.
– Recommend improvements to departmental policy and direct the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas of department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
– Ensure employees are aware and follow the information Security Rules and data security measures in order to protect the company information / intellectual properties.
– Managing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements and or litigation matters.
– Attending board meetings and taking down minutes.-(where requested).
– Participating in conference calls and note taking.
– Assisting on corporate mergers and acquisitions.
– Notarizations of Power of Attorney Legal Translations and any other documents.
– Drafting Board Resolutions.
– Review insurance related documents, claims procedures, tender documents.
– Assist in carrying out research on various legal issues.
– Assist in providing regular updates on litigation related matters.
– Assist in maintaining and updating legal policies and procedures.
– Assist in the development of the department budget by preparing analysis and data related to specific elements as directed.
– Providing formal and informal feedback to ensure that all work within a specific area is carried out in an efficient manner and in accordance with set individual targets.
– Ensuring work is carried out in a collegiate atmosphere with a focus on empowerment and upselling.
– Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
– Supervise the preparation of timely reports to meet company and department requirements, policies and standards.
– Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the section in order to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude.
– Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
– Devise tools to react changes in project plan to realise the interests of the stake holders.
– Monitor matter/transactional related external expenditure.
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.