Aldar Education is currently seeking an outstanding Learning Resource Assistant for Al Budoor Kindergarten Charter School in Abu Dhabi for the next Academic Year 2021 – 2022.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The school uses an American curriculum and provides a high-quality education that leads to successful outcomes for students. The successful candidate will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Catalogue and classify print, audio-visual and electronic resources
- Develop and maintain indexing systems and files of special collections, for example documents and artefacts relating to UAE History – not necessary or previously done
- Support the Librarian by providing ‘library orientation’ for new students to enable them to effectively use the library and search the library catalogue
- Maintain the library collection by following up overdue books, repairing damaged books and replacing lost or damaged books
- Researching/collating new and upcoming authors and titles in preparation for the next school years book order
- Implement library policies and procedures
- Catalogue books and resources using the library’s automated system, ‘Destiny’ and ensure an accurate inventory of resources
- Deputize for the Librarian in his/her absence
- Maintain an attractive environment ensuring that the library is clean and tidy at all times
- Promote reading through displays in the library and around the school
- Work with the Librarian to record weekly virtual Storytime (on distance learning)
- Work with the Librarian to arrange Book Fairs with local vendors
- Work with the Librarian to arrange author visits
- Promote the work of the Library through the Student Bulletin, Newsletter and the website
- Support for/administering MAP and other testing
- Support the various school Literacy reading platforms
- Supporting some Reading/Intervention work
- Catalogue & maintain reading resource room, issuing books to teachers
- Attend meetings and training as required
- Be part of the network of Aldar Education librarians
- Support with Homework Club – not necessary or previously done.
- Any other duties as required by the Principal/SLT
- Minimum of Secondary School certificate
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an administrative role in the region
- Previous experience in the education sector is desirable
- Fluent English communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Arabic speaker is preferable
- Strong interpersonal skills to aid in daily contact with parents in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent office management skills
Aldar Education are a family of world-class, child centred, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
Aldar Education are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Primary Location: UAE-Abu Dhabi
Organization: Al Budoor Charter Kindergarten
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: Jun 5, 2021, 3:00:00 PM