About the Role:
You will be in a leadership position in the IT organizations responsible for defining technology architecture governance processes, tools, technologies and resourcing. You will lead, mentor and coach a team of Technology architects & Software Engineers, involved in the design, development and deployment of large, mission critical Enterprise applications for on-prem and cloud. You will have the opportunity to define the road-map of evolution of the current technology stack and product technology road-map, and also design and implement new solutions using latest, proven industry solutions. We need your experience in driving innovation to ensure that systems drive value to the business and customers.
- Define architectural standards, perform design and code reviews, provide technical guidance to delivery teams
- Provide technical leadership to the Lead Architects and review / contribute to the artefacts delivered, including Technical Architecture, Functional and Non-functional requirements, Interface specifications and high level design documents.
- Responsible for ensuring that all application Non-Functional Requirements are documented and met. Ensure thorough testing of NFRs and ensure corrective / preventive actions. Manage load testing of applications before production.
- Lead root cause analysis of reported critical incidents in operational production systems and recommend/ ensure implementation of effective preventive actions to avoid repetition.
- Implement automation to improve monitoring, reporting and continuous improvement of Production systems
- Oversee development, review artefacts of projects to ensure consistency with design and architecture guidelines. Responsible for design review, establish guidelines and ensure adherence
- Work with / Influence Enterprise Architecture, Information Security & Infrastructure management teams to ensure that Group-wide initiatives for tools, platforms, processes etc. are adhered to for
- Liaise with external 3rd party suppliers and internal departments / IT teams to collaborate and design and implement robust, secure solutions
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.Together, everything is possible
Knowledge & Experience:
- In depth knowledge and experience in end to end architecture and design of complex, operationally critical systems
- Excellent knowledge of Architecture Patterns and Design Principles
- Expertise in developing, designing, deploying and migrating applications to cloud
- Hands-on expertise web and middle tier technologies with experience in architecting large application
- Hands-on expertise in Azure Cloud Technologies like AKS, API Gateway, SQL & Non-SQL DB, App Service Environments, Service Bus and Event Hubs
The job is agnostic in nature however an experience in managing .Net architects will be preferred
- Knowledge of Agile ways of working, DevSecOps, CI/CD and Engineering Platform concepts
- Knowledge in Information security standards like ISO 27001, PCI DSS and GDPR.
- Knowledge on Airline B2C domain, will be an added advantage
- Ability to clearly articulate to C Level / Senior management as well as Technical Architects, on the rationale for all technology decision / adoption of technical stack
- Good analytical skills, Communication & people management skills, team player
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.