At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We’re pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We’re in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem, which was recently acquired by Uber, is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 100 + cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region with headquarters based in Dubai and Berlin.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Careem Grocery is on a mission to reinvent the way people shop for grocery, pharmacy and retail products. As an exciting new vertical within Careem (a startup within a startup), we’re in the early stages of building our product and have plenty of interesting and fundamental challenges to solve in order to achieve our ambitious growth goals in this burgeoning space.
As the product leader for Grocery, you will drive a team of product managers to build and own exciting features, products and services for our customers. This is a pivotal role and requires a unique blend of business and technical savvy a big-picture vision, and the impetus to make that vision a reality. You’ll work closely with key stakeholders in the company to understand the market and the issues they face and be able to identify and implement innovative solutions for the broader market. In this role, you’ll have the unique opportunity to create genuine impact for the lives of everyday people in our region.
We’re looking for someone with an amazing understanding of (or interest in learning) the online grocery market. Our ideal candidate is someone that leverages data, insights, customer feedback and intuition to craft product features that solve real user needs and problems. This is a grass roots opportunity, so you’ll be hands on, driving your own product squad in addition to working closely with your PM’s in tackling their respective areas. You’re able to manage ambiguity, and can collaboratively navigate a cross-functional organisation to unblock dependencies across the Super App so that we can deliver customer value.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead a small team of product managers, driving the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to feature roll out, for both our customer facing experience and all the critical back of house tech that makes our stores and supply chain hum along
- Leverage market research, industry trends and thorough understanding of our customers to define Careem’s product strategy in the Grocery space
- Lead and implement the grocery product roadmap, including complex features with dependencies across the Super app, ensuring on time delivery and meaningful customer impact
- Cultivate productive relationships with executives and peers across the organization to ensure alignment and delivery of a holistic, end-to-end user experience
- Exercise strong communication and nurture a culture of contributing, feedback, and product excellence
- Relevant prior experience working in a product role of which at least 2 years in the qCommerce industry (Food, Grocery, )
- Extensive experience in delivering highly successful and innovative products
- Experience building product development best practices and drawing clarity around product development tools and processes.
- You enjoy rallying a cross-functional team to deliver ambitious goals, including rallying and coordinating with partners whose roadmaps and priorities you don’t directly shape but can influence to produce great outcomes.
- You’ve built products for global markets, specifically having set strategy and roadmaps to make products work for customers in countries around the world.
- You have experience building an understanding of and empathy for customers whose daily life, circumstances and needs might be very different than your own.
- You facilitate thoughtful and constructive conversations between members of your team, as well as with other members of leadership and senior executives.
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Computer Science, Engineering or Economics
What we’ll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.