Working within the Quality Engineering (QE) team, the Lead Performance Engineer (LPE) is responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, scalability and reliability of a suite of products. The LPE collaborates with multiple stakeholders to develop a fit for purpose performance engineering and testing strategy that covers all aspects of the product, including cross program dependencies. The LPE drives a performance-driven culture and enables the development community to test earlier and test faster, thereby enabling faster time to market and built-in quality
– Participate in all phases of the Performance Engineering lifecycle Requirement Gathering, Design, Development, Scripting, Execution, Analysis, Troubleshooting, Tuning, Reporting
– Collaborate with Architecture, Solution Design and Development teams to design for Performance.
– Understand Non Functional Requirements and translate them into specific Design and Testing goals. Effectively capture and build a strategy to validate NFRs – Test Plan and test Strategy
– Understand applications, including the underlying architecture and technology stack, to recommend appropriate strategies and ensure the system performance is within defined SLAs
– Establish a Performance Testing Framework for Component Tests and E2E Tests
– Evaluate Cross Program Dependencies and conduct a thorough impact analysis that needs to be incorporated in the performance testing strategy
– Evaluate testability of Features/Solution. Work with architecture and design to build testability into the architecture
– Ensure NFRs are defined for Features and Components, and ensuring every sprint team has a NFRs in their backlog.
– Work with Site Reliabilities Engineers to resolve, diagnose and identify tuning opportunities.
– Collaborate with the Architects and Product Owners to define the Workload models for the application and update/refine the workload model.
Qualifications & Experience
Information Technology.Other : 8+ Years
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) :
Degree in Computer Science or similar Experience in Performance Engineering, including testing, profiling and tuning, for highly available and scalable mission critical applications. 3+ years of experience in leading the performance engineering practice for a suite of products, including Web, Mobile and Desktop applications/solutions Experience working with stakeholders across IT and Business to analyse and interpret business requirements, and translate it to technical requirements Experience working in Organizations/functions with a large suite of mission critical applications/solutions Knowledge/skills: Technical skills: Mandatory – Highly skilled at Performance Engineering, profiling and tuning. Proficient with APM tools such App dynamics, DynaTrace, New Relic etc. as well as Code Profilers to detect performance issues – Expertise in reviewing architecture and design principles, and providing recommendations for improving application/system performance. Advanced knowledge of architecture and design concepts, including latest trends in technology – Highly skilled in commercial and open source load testing tools like HP Load Runner, HP Performance Centre, jmeter, Gatling, Taurus etc. – Expertise in client side performance analysis tools like WebPageTest, GTmetrix, YSlow and other tools to asses Page Performance – Sound knowledge of log analytics tools like Splunk for Infrastructure and Application monitoring – Advanced knowledge in Performance Testing Apps on Mobile Devices and Simulators. Thorough knowledge of android profiler and IOS instruments – Deep knowledge of Relational and No-SQL Databases, and identifying and fixing DB related issues. Ability to understand and analyse AWR reports – Vast knowledge in building Workload models for complex systems using analytics and user-pattern analysis – Hands-on operational experience working with UNIX and Windows environments, and troubleshooting environment, OS or configuration related issues – Expertise in working with large cloud service platforms and solutions (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc.) – Thorough knowledge of DevOps and how Continuous Performance Testing can be implemented using Load testing Tools, APM tools, code profilers etc. – Proficient in at least one coding/scripting language Preferred – Knowledge of Chaos engineering, and experience working with chaos testing tools like chaos monkey, Gremlin and other cloud native tools – Good understanding of networks and troubleshooting network issues. Experience using packet sniffers and network monitoring tools to troubleshoot and fix network related issues Soft skills: – Strong oral and written communication skills with demonstrable experience communicating with all technology partners, be it architecture, design, engineering, operations or infrastructure management – Must be able to work both independently and within a group – Excellent technical, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills – Ability to Multi-task, Prioritize and Manage time – Ability to adapt and learn quickly in a complex and dynamic environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.