About the role
The Lead Operations Officer will be working with the Internal Media Services (IMS) sales team, internal Qatar Airways and HIA departments as well as external partners. The job is responsible for ensuring optimal operational efficiency of all existing and future IMS media assets as well as the timely and accurate delivery of our clients’ campaigns both digital and static.
Key Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and maintain all media assets in perfect working order through daily site visits, reports and action plans.
- Anticipate, schedule and manage any upgrade, repair or replacement work so that this be preventative wherever possible and keep any costs incurred to a minimum. Work with the Senior Manager IMS to ensure that such costs are budgeted for.
- Carry out any minor repair work of media hardware where qualified to do so.
- Proactively research and source the latest media hardware (static and digital) and software solutions as well as printing and production methods to ensure IMS is providing our clients with premium display solutions that are cost effective to both IMS and our clients.
- Proactively identify, carry out feasibility studies and present for approval any new media opportunities (often arising from changes in airport operations), both at HIA and otherwise.
- Assist the IMS Sales Manager and IMS Coordinator in coordinating with stakeholders in Procurement, Legal, HIA, QAS and consultants to fulfil the paperwork needed for sourcing the best vendors/suppliers who can deliver high quality production of the media sites.
- Work with internal and external partners and oversee and manage the build of any experiential / bespoke media solutions.
- Work collaboratively with external suppliers as well as internal partners (including but not limited to Dar, HIA Project, MATAR, HIA) to track the implementation of the HIA North Node expansion media estate and provide regular status reports to the Senior Manager IMS. Manage, quality check and inspect the timely and accurate posting and removal of all campaigns.
- Assist with the provision of client Proof of Posting photography / videography to the media team.
- Track the (static) artwork material lifespan/condition to ensure the aesthetics of the airport.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community. Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge.
Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent with minimum 4 years of job-related experience required; OR
- High School Qualification or Diploma or equivalent with minimum 5 years relevant experience
Job-specific skills & experience:
- Experience in outdoor advertising, experiential builds – in airports ideally
- Experience of project management
- Experience and knowledge of static and digital OOH media hardware and software
- Proven ability to develop, maintain relationship with all levels of company management.
- Proven ability to establish quantifiable goals, as well as manage resources in order to successfully attain business line objectives.
- Experience in managing short lead-times with multiple simultaneous projectsStrong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop people skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Exposure to airport policies and processes (preferred)
- Excellent command of English
- Computer literate including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & Power point
- Excellent oral telephonic and written communications skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate projects
- Adaptability, and the ability to define problems, collect and interpret data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work flexi hours based on timings of copy changes e.g. evening for exterior billboards and some weekend work
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination.
Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.