GE Gas Power
The Analytics Engineer at MTC (Middle East Technology Centre) is the customer focal for implementation and application of analytics in the field through Analytics Based Maintenance (ABM) or customer operations (e.g. derate or wash practices). Integrates with the regional Customer Teams to innovate with the customer to identify and deliver insights using analytics tools. Connect learnings from field/shop data and/or customer operations to the business and the engineering teams.Job Description
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver regular customer/ Customer Team (CT) engagements to review the derate & engine wash performance of MENAT region
- Support customer discussions to implement new cleaning / derate technologies concerning to the engine EGT/TOW & Fuel burn impacts
- Periodically review the trends of performance through scorecards: bowler/customer engagement platform. Actively communicate the progress in Design Board meetings.
- Innovate the development of and apply new Analytics methods for new levels of accuracy, speed, and scale. Develop proof of concept methods and tools to visualize /assess the derate & wash performance and generate insights.
- Maintain broad awareness of efforts within group to assure technical quality excellence, timely completion of work and reviews, appropriate use of resources, and responsiveness to customer / program needs
- Facilitate communication of technical and business information between organizations and within work group. For example, connect and integrate Analytics into Digital products align with the Services Digital product strategy & collaborate with other engineering sites to integrate EGT analysis methods
- Uses some judgment and has some ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles.
- Uses technical experience and analytical thinking. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own teams to arrive at decisions.
- This role requires advanced experience in the Engineering/Technology & Customer Project Support. Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems.
- Established project management skills.
- Experience developing or applying Digital Projects / Analytics
- Proficiency with Python, R, DataIQ, Alation, Spotfire programming languages / processes
- Experience in engine operation profiles, thrust derate application, engine cleaning process,
- Strong knowledge of engine performance parameters and analysis
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years experience required for any role based within the USA.For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.