We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Department: Site Operations
Location: Middle East
Reports to: Resident Engineer / Head of Electrical Site Operations
To implement all aspects of the quality management systems and control site supervision
activities provision related to the Mechanical Works across the project, to deliver quality
installations in accordance with the contract documents, relevant international standards and
local authorities requirements, provide technical support perform specialised inspections,
submittal reviews and mentor the discipline staff.
- Site Area Manager (SAM)
- Head of Electrical Site Operations (SHOE)
- Office Manager Site Operations (OMSOD)
- Resident Engineer (RE)
- Site Supervision Team
- All Discipline staff
- Site HSE Engineers (SHSEE)
- Site QA/QC Engineers (SQE)
Visit project site frequently (as required) to supervise the ongoing construction activities. To
ensure that the Works are carried out safely and in-line with quality standards, in
accordance to contract documents.
Lead Site Electrical Engineer
- Implement the site supervision quality procedures, and review submission
requirements of the project, along with the MEP contractor.
- Review all construction documents and highlight any design and contractual
discrepancies with the concerned RE/SHOE.
- Ensure that all statutory authority NOC’s / permits / design approvals are available on
site for construction.
- Ensure that the main contractor and nominated MEP contractor coordinate with all
concerned authorities departments and ensure that their requirements are adequately
and satisfactorily incorporated.
- Extend the maximum possible effort to avoid contractor(s) claims for cost and/or
- Prepare process control sheet for electrical works in conjunction with SHOE during
the Enabling Works / Main Contract Works.
- Review and forward any comments on all submittals including contractor design
drawings, shop drawings, materials and alternative proposals submitted by
- Conduct regular (daily) site visits and supervise, certify the installation of electrical
services ensuring compliance with the contract documents.
- Review and forward any comments on the contractor’s method statement for
installation, execution of the works.
- Review and forward any comments on the contractor’s testing and commissioning
plan / procedures / method statements.
- Review and forward any comments on the contractor’s technical submittals.
- Attend site technical coordination meetings to discuss contractor (s) submissions,
shop drawings, material submittals and construction related matters.
- Review and forward any comments on the Technical Query’s raised by the
- Routine Inspection of the works carried out by the contractor(s) to ascertain that work
is executed in accordance with the Contract Documents and accepted practice.
- Assist the discipline staff in the in the review of submittals, specialized on-site / offsite inspections, testing and commissioning, including contractor design drawings,
shop drawings, materials and alternative proposals submitted by contractors.
- Inspect the mock-up, permanent works, on-site and off-site materials to be used in
the project and organize field and laboratory tests, conducted by others, on
construction materials to ascertain their compliance with the specifications and
determine the acceptability for use on the project.
- Raise non-conformance notices (NCNs)/reports site inspections notices (SINs)
identify quality deficiencies in conjunction with the RE.
- Review the corrective actions proposed by the contractor, respond / follow ups and
close out procedure
- Any potential safety concerns identified at site shall be reported to site SHSEE / RE.
- Review the site progress and assist in the review of the contractor’s interim payment
- Liaise with the SHOE for the effective implementation of the quality management
systems and site supervision provision activities.
- Obtain samples and quotations as required for finalization of any PS/PC Items.
- Monitor the progress of the work against the approved contractor programme of
- Witness the testing and commissioning of all the mechanical / electrical equipment
and sign off the relevant documents for acceptance.
- Verify the accuracy of the contractor’s As-Built drawings reflecting in details the as built conditions and approve the As-Built drawings.
- Review and approve the contractor’s operations & maintenance manuals.
- Liaise with the Statutory Authorities and follow up all final inspection and approvals as
- Carry out the final inspection for certification of final completion and handing over of
- Assist the discipline staff on projects in the review of submittals, specialized on-site /
off-site inspections, testing and commissioning submitted by contractors.
- Assist the discipline staff on projects in the final inspection for certification and
handing over the works.
- Assist the discipline staff on projects in resolving any technical issues, claims,
disputes arising and requiring input for satisfactory close out.
- Perform design review at various stages as required and formulate all such
- Perform Site Surveillance Audits (Technical), prepare surveillance audit reports and
forward to SHOE.
- Induct, train and lead a team of the discipline staff.
Assist RE in the supervision of the works to ensure compliance with the contract
Assist/support the site team and the respective RE with the implementation of quality
Assist in the site team in the external and internal audits to ensure the effective
implementation of quality management systems and work with the site team for
resolution of non-conformance issues.
Liaise with the project supervision team, coordinate and resolve any issues of
Analyze current methods of site supervision and provide recommendations for
Implementation of all quality audits, surveillance audits and work with site team for
resolution of non-conformance issues.
Compile Site Feedback and forward to the RE / SHOE
Assist the site team in the satisfactory close out of the project including snagging /
disengaging of the works and related documentation.
Review and assist the project team to compile all documents at handing-over for
submission to the Client.
Assist the RE in compilation of all documents for the issuance of the Taking-Over
Extend support to the discipline staff on projects and assist (as required by SHOE) in
supervision of works.
Provide necessary technical reports / recommendation as required by the Client for
any project specific issues.
Liaise with the SHOE any particular project site related issues requiring input and/or
Identify, raise and follow-up design office support requests in co-ordination with the
Assume responsibility of electrical works in the project and certify on completion the
/workmanship concerns with the SQE/RE.
SHSEE / RE.
forward to SHOE.
Review, coordinate and forward submittals, inspection requests, technical query to
the project team and/or discipline engineers.
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 26 calendar days annual leave
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.