About the role
With an extensive global network, highly-experienced staff and premium facilities, we offer a high-quality air freight service to our growing list of customers around the world.
As the business expands, we are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Cargo Business Intelligence and Analytics Team in Doha as a Lead Data Science Officer. The role includes, but not limited to:
- Extract, pre-process and analyze data through applicable statistical and mathematical tools that helps Cargo grow better with revenue opportunities and cost saving options.
- Play a key role to turn big data into critical information and knowledge that helps Cargo to adopt appropriate strategies and customize themselves for enhanced customer experience.
- Collaborate with IT stakeholders and Data Analysts from within the organization to create synergies and where possible and applicable, adopt common tools and technologies to analyze the date.
- Perform analysis on reporting, trends, data quality and decision support system outcomes to improve department forecasting techniques where improved forecasting result in better decision making and revenue results.
- Make strategic recommendation on data collection, integration and retention requirements incorporating business requirements and knowledge of best practices.
- Evaluate and problem solve through data analysis using combined knowledge of modelling, statistics and analytics by working closely with colleagues.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
- Bachelor’s Degree qualified in Economics, Mathematics and Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related disciplines with minimum of 4 years of job-related experience. Exposure to airline logistics industry is an added advantage
- Expert understanding of statistics, operations research, forecasting and optimization methods
- Experience using tools such as SQL, R, Python, Scala, SAS, SPSS, machine learning, and data visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI, QlikView
- Experience using cloud platforms such as AWS, and Azure
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
How to apply
If you’re ready to join a progressive team and have a challenging and rewarding career, then apply now by uploading your CV and completing our quick application form.
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.