Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, Ring Road- Mirage City- P.O.Box 427, Cairo, Egypt, Egypt VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Responsible for hotel laundry daily operations and services. Position directs and works with employees to wash, dry and iron linen for both guest rooms and Food and Beverage/Culinary Department within existing time constraints. Maintains a safe and clean work environment. Position strives to ensure guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the department financial performance.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the laundry, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Department Operations and Budgets
- Managing day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Supervising and managing employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Communicating the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Ensures consistent workflow to minimize peaks and valleys in production.
- Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
- Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Supervises daily Laundry shift operations and ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
- Ordering and managing necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Orders cleaning supplies and uniforms within budget.
- Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall hotel financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Participates in the management of department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Works effectively with the Engineering department on Laundry equipment maintenance needs.
- Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunctions.
- Develops, maintains and uses effective back-up plans for breakdowns.
- Evaluates and implements new techniques, supplies and equipment.
Leading Discipline Teams
- Ensuring and maintaining the productivity level of employees.
- Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Ensuring employee success and event success recognitions are taking place in all shifts.
- Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Recruiting, interviewing, selecting, hiring, and promoting employees in the organization.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Effectively schedules employees to business demands and tracks employee time and attendance.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Manages employee progressive discipline procedures.
- Manages the employee performance appraisal process.
- Ensures hotel policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members; ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.