We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 2,700 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
Our award-winning landscape architecture practice is one of the largest in the world, and driven by holistic, collaborative, environmentally responsible design. It has earned IBI Group recognition as an emerging global leader in the fields of landscape architecture and sustainable planning.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
- Full Time
- We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19, but when we do return to the office we’re located in Didsbury and soon to be moving to Manchester city centre
We are seeking an experienced Landscape Architect to take a lead role in the Manchester based landscape team. This would suit an established team leader or someone ready to step up to that role. Good leadership skills and confidence in a client facing position are essential. The role involves contributing to the future development of the business and so networking ability, bid writing and confidence in pitching are also requirements. We want someone to take an active role in pushing IBI’s landscape sector forward, helping to win new work and leading its delivery.
There is a strong overlap between IBI’s landscape and Urban Design teams and so an interest in urban design, ideally with a focus on town centres spaces, is desirable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leading and managing the Manchester based landscape team
- Leading on UK and International Urban Design and Landscaping projects
- Hard and soft Landscape Design from the scale of Regional Masterplanning through to site specific construction detailing
- Liaison with internal IBI Architects and other disciplines
- Managing resources and the financial performance of projects
- Line management of the Landscape team
- Together with Studio Directors, taking a leading role in sector planning, business development and related tasks
- Working across all IBI business sectors, providing expertise to IBI offices and external clients across the UK
- Interacting with clients through meetings, presentations and attendance at networking events
- Leading on the preparation of proposals for new projects and evaluating scope of work
- When required, technical drawing using hand drawn techniques and a range of digital software:
o Competence with Autocad and Photoshop is essential
o Knowledge of Sketchup, InDesign and LandCadd (Keyscape) is beneficial and competence in Microsoft Office software is essential
- Reviewing the output of others in the team
- Report writing for input into Design and Access Statements, Stage Reports and Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments
Skills & Qualifications:
- Appropriate Technical degree(s) in Landscape Architecture (or equivalent) and / or Urban Design
- Relevant work experience in a multi-disciplinary environment with specific personal responsibility for Landscape projects
- Experience of taking projects from inception to completion
- Proven confidence for client facing activity and managing junior designer inputs is required
- Excellent team player with the ability to work collaboratively across disciplines to deliver projects of the highest quality
- Advanced design / presentation skills and technical competence in the software noted above
- Motivation and ability to work under own initiative
- Proficient report writing skills and the ability to verbally communicate ideas and designs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Recent and up to date UK experience is essential with particular knowledge of the market in the North West
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
As part of IBI Group’s selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role they are under consideration for and prior to receiving a job offer. These could include work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.