Institute of Applied Technology (IAT)
Job description / Role
Lab Specialist Physics, Abu Dhabi Polytechnic, UAE
Abu Dhabi Polytechnic was established by the Institute of Applied Technology in 2010 to offer a dual educational-professional training system with multiple high-tech disciplines (specializations) to produce technologists and engineers to serve the UAE industrial manpower required for Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030.
Specifically ADP vision is to create skilled professional technologists and engineers capable of performing at the highest international standards to build a knowledge-based economy in the UAE. Academic Support dept of ADPOLY offers the general education curriculum in six main clusters: natural sciences (physics and chemistry), mathematics (pre-calculus, calculus and advance mathematics courses), and fundamentals in engineering technology, humanities and English language and communication skills.
The curriculum at Academic Support Dept has been developed based on specialized programs’ needs offered at Abu Dhabi Polytechnic
We are seeking to hire a Lab Specialist Physics for this dept. Applicants must be qualified to Master level in Physics. Applicants should have minimum of 2-5 years Lab/teaching experience at Higher Education Institutions, technical Universities or Polytechnic Institutes.
The main responsibilities of the Lab specialist will be:
• To assist the Senior Faculty or section coordinator in the conduct of tutorials, laboratories, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, and/or student field excursions.
• The preparation and delivery of lectures, tutorials, and seminars provided that their skills and experience demonstrate this capacity.
• Acting as a student advocate where appropriate.
• Involvement in professional activity.
• Consultation with students.
• Marking and assessment primarily connected with courses in which the staff member teaches.
• Production of teaching materials for students for whom the staff member has responsibility.
• Limited administrative functions primarily connected with courses in which the staff member teaches.
• Acting as course coordinators provided that their skills and experience demonstrate this capacity.
• Recommending relevant changes to the curriculum committee as appropriate.
• Attendance at staff meetings and/or membership on a limited number of AD Poly committees.
• Ensuring own professional development by seeking learning opportunities as appropriate.
• Performs other duties assigned by the head of applicable division/unit.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews.