- Maintaining frequent and appropriate communications with team members and product partners throughout the firm.
- Eventually begin to assume origination responsibilities in accordance with the strategic direction of the Consumer & Retail
- Group, including but not limited to: identifying and calling on prospects; the creation, analysis and presentation of actionable ideas; and, originating new client mandates.
- Act as a trusted advisor to clients and prospective clients through relationship development, industry knowledge and capital markets expertise.
- Managing and executing tasks encompassing comprehensive financial modeling and valuation analyses.
- Coordinating the appropriate organizational resources to deliver product solutions and advice to clients.
- Leading teams of Associates and Analysts in the provision of financing and advisory services to clients as well as the creation and preparation of presentation and pitch materials; mentoring, coaching and assisting in the development of
- Associates and Analysts in the Consumer & Retail Group.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the trends and competitive dynamics within the sector.
- Understanding the financial impact of decisions on the client’s organization.
- Analyzing the financial statements and operating metrics of public companies within the Retail & Apparel sector to generate industry insights.
- Ongoing involvement in the identification and recruitment of potential new hire candidates for the Consumer & Retail
- Group as well as other franchise-building activities.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a time sensitive environment with strong focus and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage deal teams
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Relevant client interaction and transaction experience in the Consumer & Retail industry.
Qualification & Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree in Business (Accounting, Finance, Business Admin, Economics, etc.) or Liberal Arts; MBA preferred but not required.
- Minimum of five years of investment banking experience
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Finance
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A