- The candidate is expected to communicate technical theories, observations, and models to a non-technical audience in a clear and concise manner. The candidate in this role is expected to have advanced mathematics, data science, and business knowledge and is expected to act as a strategic advisor and creditable partner who works across teams for addressing business problems with innovative and effective solutions. The candidate is responsible for guiding modeling practices, methods, and techniques as well as influencing data strategy with a focus on leveraging both current and emerging technologies for solving business problems
- Responsible for assessing BSA/AML and OFAC models for conceptual soundness; Assess model’s overall suitability for its intended use and purpose, model’s theoretical framework, data, and assumptions made during the development to ensure its relevance.
- Provide oversight in the development of tools and techniques for monitoring model performance and integrity post-production, and for identifying any quantitative or qualitative risk associated with the model.
- Responsible for evaluating statistical and analytical approaches and testing used for model development, and benchmark methodologies. Evaluate ongoing tuning and calibration plans for ongoing model effectiveness testing. Assess and understand risks and contingency plans; when necessary perform independent statistical analysis, benchmarking, and other forms of testing.
- Responsible for identifying and gathering the relevant and quality data sources required to fully answer and address the problem; Provides strategic solutions through exploratory data analysis (EDA).
- Provides effective challenges in the design and implementation efforts to ensure the final model meets the regulatory expectations. Translates recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to mid-to-upper level management.
- Solid expertise using core statistical learning algorithms including linear models, decision tree, random forest, clustering/segmentation, dimension reduction, ensemble models, SVMs, and kernel methods to analyze large structured and unstructured datasets
- Mastery in programming and database language skills. Knowledge of and ability to leverage traditional databases, cloud-based computing, and distribution computing. Advance knowledge and experience in reporting & visualization Tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBI, OBIEE), and Microsoft Office suite
- Highly skilled at documentation and communication of analytics and modeling. Translate technical observations to a non-technical audience. Communicate observations to senior executives.
- Master’s degree (or its equivalent) in statistics, mathematics, economics, financial engineering, data sciences, predictive modeling, or other quantitative disciplines and at least 6 years minimum of relevant experience; or Bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) in statistics, mathematics, economics, financial engineering, data sciences, predictive modeling, or other quantitative disciplines and at least 7 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of and ability to establish standards and best practices; forecast future modeling tools/techniques. Identify, employ, and evangelize emerging techniques from industry/research.
- Highly skilled at Influencing data and machine learning strategy. Lead discussions about the pros/cons of its applications with senior leadership. Lead work efforts from conception to delivery with minimal supervision.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in machine learning solution delivery in solving business problems. Hands-on experience in the machine learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) areas: Natural Language Processing (NLP), Deep Learning, Anomaly Detection, and Graph-based techniques
- 5+ years of Applied Data Analysis, Model Development, Model Testing & Tuning experience. Hands-on work experience with SQL or SAS, and Python or R for developing Machine Learning (ML) algorithms and solutions for solving real-world problems; Prior BSA/AML or OFAC modeling experience preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Manufacturing
Job Location: Pittsburgh, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A