Job description / Role
The Junior Legal Counsel will take on generalist responsibilities including:
• Dealing with general day to day operational legal enquiries from the business units/departments;
• Assisting in reviewing, drafting, advising and negotiating on a diverse range of commercial contracts and legal documents;
• Assisting in drafting and reviewing corporate documents, including board/shareholders meeting minutes/resolutions, POA’s, MOA’s, licenses etc.;
• Undertaking general corporate work (such as registration and liquidation of companies, share transfers, etc.), visiting and following up with various governmental authorities (including the notary public), and maintaining up-to-date corporate documents of the entities he/she oversees;
• Supporting legal counsels in different regions in Dealing with and advising on employment law and regulatory matters;
• Coordinating with external lawyers and oversee and manage court cases (including reviewing memo and maintaining proper updated record of all litigation files);
• Assisting with customer complaints and draft routine letters and correspondences;
• Managing litigation matters including coordination with external lawyers;
• Conducting legal researches and analysis, prepare presentations and consolidated reports for the General Counsel/Regional Legal Counsels, and prepare summaries (including case summaries).
• Dealing with ad hoc legal matters.