Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Junior Estimator/Quantity Surveyor to join our team! In this role you will get to performs a variety of standard estimating activities on an assigned project/program.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Prepare material takeoffs for assigned segments of a contract, a project, or an element of a program to assist in the definition of scope to be delivered.
- Assist in the development and preparation of detailed work breakdown structures (WBS) for contracts, projects and elements of programs to support the development of estimate development and delivery.
- Prepare and summarizes tasked estimates, including labor and material rates, equipment rates, productivity rates, efficiencies, and other resources and impacts that determine unit cost to be utilized for specific scope of work.
- Utilize training in the prescribed estimating software and estimating tools necessary to perform quantity takeoffs, estimate calculations, bid item detail development, resource reports, and work activity definition.
- Obtaining quotations by developing the necessary information to define the specification and scope of work for subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers to retrieve materials, equipment, and services pricing to be utilized in the development of estimates.
- Accumulates, classifies, and documents historical cost data from previously performed contract services delivered by the company for use in the development of future company estimates. Classifies and organizes historical data into a format that complies with company standard databases will be learned and utilized.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by higher-level Estimating staff.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Minimum 3+ years of related work experience involving typical estimating activities.
- Must have a clear understanding of, and ability to work with, construction contract commercial documents, drawings and specifications.
- Previous experience using estimating database supported software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- Preferable Civil Engineering Degree, Post graduation will be an advantage but not mandatory.
- Familiarity with typical project controls software such as Primavera scheduling software, Estimate/Schedule Transfer tools, Contract Manager, and DMCS (Document and Materials Control System).
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneParsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.