Parsons - United Arab Emirates
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Junior Drainage Engineer to join our team! In this role you will get to perform on a range of projects with technical expertise in stormwater drainage design, sustainable drainage design, detailed design, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling.
This role is for UAE Nationals only.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Independently carry out designs of stormwater drainage designs under the guidance of a senior Engineer.
- Performs various engineering and design assignments requiring the application of basic principles and fundamental theories studied in a four-year university engineering program, and available data in the engineering field.
- Prepares or assists in preparing fundamental engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs.
- Assists in the preparation of detailed requisitions for material purchase, services, and subcontracts.
- Under the guidance of a more senior engineer, assists in reviewing supplier drawing submittals and technical bid analyses.
- Assists in the preparation and issuance of specifications, datasheets, and other construction documents.
- Provides input to CAD Designer/Drafters working on the same project.
- He may be required to carry out CAD-related tasks himself while using special 3D software and model creation.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Degree in Civil engineering from a reputable university.
- Fresh UAE National graduates are welcome to apply.
- Basic experience and Technical knowledge of catchment delineation, basic principles of hydrology and hydraulics, application of relevant software tools, and report writing.
- Fluent in English with Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and report writing.
- A team played with proven ability to work under pressure/ multi tasks and meet the deadlines.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:Familiar with hydraulic modeling, both open channels and closed channel systems, use of software for carrying out hydrology and hydraulic analysis, and evaluating model results.Basic experience and Technical knowledge of catchment delineation, basic principles of hydrology and hydraulics, application of relevant software tools, and report writing.Conversant with manuals issued by Federal Highway Administration.Aware of the requirements for proposing pump stations and relevant standards.Hands on experience on civil 3D, Knowledge of GIS is preferred.Have an understanding of runoff calculations manually and using software HEC HMS, SewerGEMS and InfoWorks ICM.
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.