At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.Jumeirah Creekside Hotel is a contemporary lifestyle hotel located 2km from Dubai International Airport in the heart of old Dubai. Set in landscaped grounds overlooking Dubai Creek, the hotel offers 292 rooms and suites, 21 meeting rooms, four restaurants, an award-winning spa and access to sports and leisure complex, The Aviation Club. Designed from the outset to connect the hotel to the region’s vibrant arts and cultural heritage.
Jumeirah Creekside Hotel houses one of Dubai’s largest art collections – a specially commissioned collection of 482 pieces by 52 artists with roots from the Middle East. Rooted in the cultural and cosmopolitan essence of Dubai, the property combines comfort and unrivalled connectivity with true Arabian hospitality for the ultimate business and leisure experience.
- Check all incoming mail and make the necessary follow up with relevant department / person in the hotel.
- Ensure that office files are updated and orderly.
- To monitor and report any maintenance problems to Engineering dept.
- Continually monitor the performance of colleagues & provide coaching, counselling and/or discipline as per
- Jumeirah standards when required.
- Carry out daily operational walk rounds of all department areas to ensure smooth running.
- To carry out Duty Manager’s shift responsibilities when required.
- To follow all standard operating procedures, as specified by the Jumeirah Creekside Hotel and Dubai Municipality.
- To ensure that all colleagues and yourself maintain personal appearance and grooming standards in line with the company standard.
- Conduct regular trainings, quarterly feedback sessions and yearly performance appraisals for employees
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management team including assistance for large events or hotel functions.
- Attend management meetings.
- Attend regular departmental meetings, as and when required.
- Report to the Sports and Leisure Manager on a regular basis pertaining to the day to day operations of the Sports & Leisure department.
- Prepare the monthly Group Exercise time table and liaise with other instructors (internal/external).
- Coordinate with other departments and handle information that is done in collaboration with other departments.
- Provide friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- Participate in any scheduled training.
- Identify training needs of colleagues & provide training or other activities to meet these requirements in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the timekeeping records and schedule allocation.
- Maintain & monitor the attendance numbers for fitness classes weekly and adjust schedule at month end.
- Oversee guest feedback and guest complaint procedures.
- To prepare and update all Standard Operating Procedures in regards to the fitness and group exercise operations of the department
- To ensure the Fitness, GX and Product Standards are followed and executed by the team.
- To Monitor and review member’s needs, which includes the New member Journey and daily experience, Gym Floor Activities and Personal Training service.
- To Recruit Professional and qualified Personal Trainers/Fitness Instructors and to Deliver the Staff Induction accordingly with the high standards expected from the fitness team.
- Ensure the consistency of Standards throughout the Fitness Team.
- Continually review quality of PT sessions and implementing systems to develop and improve performance of the fitness team.
- To do a Preventive checklist in all equipment and ensure that all the machines are operational. Implement relevant policies and procedures to maintain equipment. This will include training all team members to adhere to policies and to teach members how to use the equipment in a correct manner.
- Keep accurate and up to date records of all trainers and instructors to include qualifications, agreements, First Aid and Fire Warden certifications.
- Oversee and maintain high standards of cleanliness in all fitness and activity areas in of Sports & Leisure Department.
- Oversee duty schedule for Sports & Leisure colleagues ensuring that adequate manning coverage is maintained during the opening and closing hours of the department.
- To effectively manage and drive the Fitness Team and Group Exercise Team to successfully meet all KPI’s and budgets and contribute to brand growth and business profitability.
- Ability to act as a role model to clients through own athletic body shape / aspirational
- Excellent instruction and training skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the Fitness Industry.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Knowledge of nutrition and healthy diet.
- Good motivational and communication skills.
- Good judgment skills to balance fitness requirements and abilities
- Minimum Diploma Level as Management Qualification.
- Certified personal trainer and fitness instructor registered with Register of Exercise Professions (UAE).
- Certified with Internationally Personal Training Certification equivalent to REPS level 3.
- Proven track record of successfully operating a top fitness facility for a minimum of three years.
- Fitness + body & mind practice techniques.
- Four years of fitness training experience; preferably with an international fitness facility or hospitality company.
Company: Jumeirah Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A
Popular Job Searches
- Accountant Jobs in Dubai
- Driver Jobs in Dubai
- Part Time Jobs in Dubai
- Walk in Interviews in Dubai
- Receptionist Jobs in Dubai
- Cunstomer Service Jobs in Dubai
- Online Jobs in Dubai
- Logistics Jobs in Dubai
- Data Entry Jobs in Dubai
- Sales Jobs in Dubai
- Fresher Jobs in Dubai
- Hotel Jobs in Dubai
- IT Jobs in Dubai
- Teaching Jobs in Dubai
- Store Keeper Jobs in Dubai
- Banking Jobs in Dubai
- Graphic Designer Jobs in Dubai
- Electrical Engineer Jobs in Dubai
- Computer Operator Jobs in Dubai