The Human Resources Service Center Manager position is integral to the success of the Human Resources organization. Reporting to the People Services Section Manager, the main focus of the Human Resources Solution Center Manager role is the management of the AskHR Solutions Center for the delivery of human resource services to JPL employees, retirees/surviving spouses, and candidates. The emphasis will be on confident and effective leadership of a 19-employee solution center, recruitment and development of staff, implementation of business process efficiencies, and ongoing maintenance and implementation of upgrades of the HR case management system, employee portal and knowledge base.
- Represent AskHR to Executives including status updates and formal presentations related to performance and metrics in support of recommended changes.
- Use a broad range of measurements to monitor, analyze and plan improvements to the performance of the HR Solutions Center.
- Establishing internal metrics, external metrics, trends, areas of concentration to ultimately create a best in class Solutions Center.
- Provide recommendations to management and implement action plans.
- Monitor, coach and assess customer service and/or transaction processing skills.
- Ensure the execution of consistent and legally sound processes.
- Partner with other Human Resources functions to ensure alignment and integration of strategies.
- Refine and monitor service level agreements with key stakeholders
- Act as the first point of escalation for guidance and direction to the AskHR team in response to customer inquiries.
- Manage ongoing maintenance and semi-annual upgrades of HR technology including case management system, employee portal, and knowledge base.
- Implement new modules available in support of AskHR customers and future phases on the AskHR organization.
- Continuously improve on system reports and dashboard capabilities to ensure meaningful data is available for robust analytics on Solution Center performance and HR Programs and Services effectiveness and satisfaction levels.
- Partner with HR functions and share results and incorporate feedback into future state reporting.
- Perform human resources responsibilities for staff which include selection of new employees, promotions, staff development, performance evaluations, compensation changes, resolution of employee concerns, corrective actions, and terminations.
- Implement an HR Chatbot through a collaborative effort with other JPL colleagues.
- Effectively influence team dynamics with the goal of creating a high performing team with high employee morale.
- Ensure a positive working relationship within the service center team and with customers by frequently communicating and soliciting feedback and measuring customer satisfaction.
- Identify and evaluate state of the art technologies and practices to optimize self-service and to continually drive down inquiry volume to the HR Solutions Center and vendors.
- Oversee and coordinate the day-to-day services and operations of the solution center, ensuring compliance with all JPL policies, procedures, regulations and standards of practice.
- Willing to take lead roles in support of HR Flagship Projects that are outside of the AskHR role and require the ability to stretch and learn.
- Continuously review and evaluate internal operating processes, systems and procedures for effectiveness, efficiency and responsiveness to customer requirements.
- Develop and implement changes and enhancements as appropriate, collaborating with HR Business Partners, Centers of Expertise, non- HR business partners, customers and vendors to ensure delivery of high levels of service and customer satisfaction.
- Proactively seek opportunities to implement innovative and creative methods to help drive a more advanced, efficient and cost-effective solutions center which aligns with organizational goals.
- Stay up to date on trends and developments, constantly research and use best practices of similar and successful organizations as benchmarks.
- Complete oversight for HR programs administered by AskHR, including Tuition Reimbursement, I-9 and New Hire Audits, Personnel Records and Records Retention Initiatives.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to perform extensive data analysis, troubleshooting and creative problem resolution, including diagnostics and streamlining.
- Demonstrated ability to lead/mentor in a team environment where collaboration, motivation and the knowledge transfer process is critical for success.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, HRIS, Case management, employee portal, knowledge management, and records management tools.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in successfully leading and mentoring staff on human resources policies, procedures, processes, laws and regulations.
- Must have strong customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of HR functions such as compensation, HR policies, training, recruiting and onboarding, HRIS, with specific experience and expertise in the
- Benefits function for both active and retiree health and welfare and retirement plans.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize demands and solve problems creatively.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Proven ability to examine procedures, formulate policy, design new strategies, develop sound proposals and successfully implement programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, organizational development or related equivalent experience with 12 years of related experience; or Master’s with 10 years of related experience.
- Business acumen.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to interface with all levels of the organization, influence decision makers and set and manage expectations.
- Advanced knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that influence HR.
- Must be detail oriented and quality focused.
- Must be results oriented with demonstrated follow-through with simultaneous and sometimes conflicting goals.
- Must be skilled at conflict management.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A