The HR Business Advisor will partner with the California Divisional Director by delivering strategic HR leadership and driving the human capital agenda and priorities for the Consumer Banking field employees within the California Division (~10,000 employees). Additionally, s/he will be involved in cross-functional projects impacting the Consumer Bank, playing a key role on the larger HR team to drive initiatives nationally.
- Performance management; talent acquisition, management & development; workforce planning; compensation; and employee productivity improvements
- Partner closely with the Divisional Director and Divisional team to deliver on our CB people agenda, while also adjusting to Division specific needs
- Keep a finger on the pulse of employee feedback/perceptions and ensure that the workplace is one where employees experience a high level of satisfaction & pride.
- End-to-end employee experience, or as we like to call it, Employee Obsession
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place and managed effectively for all critical HR processes.
- Stay abreast of business and workplace trends.
- Analyze people processes, information and trends to make recommendations to leaders of the business for continuous improvement.
- Provide advice and counsel to senior level managers on issues related to performance of their people and their teams.
- Act as a trusted Advisor to our field leadership team, with a strong focus on strengthening our diverse and inclusive culture where everyone should feel they belong and are valued for their uniqueness.
- Drive projects and strategic initiatives that would be leveraged across the entire CB organization based on current and future needs of the business – this entails end-to-end ownership from strategy to execution
- Diversity, inclusion and culture strategy & execution
- Run reports and analyze data/identify trends to be used by HR and management team to highlight successes and spotlight areas of opportunity
- Partner with Talent Acquisition on workforce planning & headcount management, proactive recruitment strategies and diverse sourcing pipelines, as well as workforce redeployment.
- Organizational design and structure; change management
- Collaborate with the Learning & Development organization to develop and motivate a diverse blend of leaders, managers and employees for the future of the business.
- Escalations as it relates to employee relations, HR policy, and other HR matters
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong PC skills (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Proven business analytical skills; utilizes critical thinking and analytical skills regularly to identify issues and trends, develop solutions and/or recommendations to address root cause
- Success working collaboratively and developing strong, positive working relationships
- Creative thinker and problem solver who shows exceptional judgment
- 10+ years HR experience and strong people/team leadership skills (some HR Financial Services experience preferred)
- Able to quickly size up a complex people/business situation, sort through the facts, develop alternatives and make sound recommendations. Understands when to escalate.
- Bachelors Degree required, advanced degree desired
- Uses insight gained to develop & recommend potential actions and coach managers
- Excellent judgment and demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and be creative in developing alternative solutions in a fast paced environment
- Must have the ability to multi task in a fast paced environment; adjust readily to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change.
- Ability to lead large scale projects and manage through a change heavy organization
- Excellent oral & written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record in managing projects and long-term initiatives that have resulted in favorable business results
- Strong consulting, influencing and negotiation skills on all HR disciplines including recruitment, talent, leadership development, performance management, organization design, compensation and diversity
- Ability to link HR Strategy to Business Goals
Company: J.P. Morgan
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A