The JP Morgan Accounting Control Group delivers a range of services to mutual fund clients based in the United States. The Accounting Control Group takes direct responsibility for the production and delivery of key inputs into Fund Administration deliverables and performs analytical reviews. Functions include but are not limited to adjustments to financial statements, audit management, and risk-based reviews of the trial balance/accounting activity. Broad knowledge of fund accounting is required as the Accounting Control Group has ownership of the accuracy of key input deliverables to various reports, including client financial statements, and is responsible for responding to auditor and internal inquiries on the fund accounting records.
- Coach, develop and mentor staff including setting objectives, providing feedback, and managing day to day escalation items and resolution of complex audit discussion topics.
- Develop a strong knowledge of internal systems, operations, and client structures, i.e. various types of portfolios, deliverables, and client specific requirements.
- Analyze accounting records and be able to clearly articulate fund accounting transactions/processes to clients, external audit firms, and internal business partners.
- Oversee offshore team’s production of monthly deliverables including audit confirmation letters and report packages
- Research and respond to auditor and internal inquiries. Represent on calls and in-person meetings with external auditors and clients.
- Engage in developing internal reviews of accounting records and ad-hoc projects and process enhancements.
- Prepare and/or review general ledger adjusting entries
- Team player with the ability to work productively within a group and maintain a high degree of independence.
- Quantitative analysis and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, prioritization, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent problem/issue resolution skills; good critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Skill to partner with internal teams and external clients to ensure resolution of open queries or exception items.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience managing teams of at least 6-10 individuals; leadership and staff development experience.
- Experience interacting directly with clients and/or auditor strongly preferred, including in-person meetings and/or presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree, graduate degree such as MBA, MSF, MSA preferred
- Prior experience in Fund Accounting or Financial Reporting (10-15 or more years)
Company: J.P. Morgan
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: General Business Other
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A
Popular Job Searches
- Accountant Jobs in Dubai
- Driver Jobs in Dubai
- Part Time Jobs in Dubai
- Walk in Interviews in Dubai
- Receptionist Jobs in Dubai
- Cunstomer Service Jobs in Dubai
- Online Jobs in Dubai
- Logistics Jobs in Dubai
- Data Entry Jobs in Dubai
- Sales Jobs in Dubai
- Fresher Jobs in Dubai
- Hotel Jobs in Dubai
- IT Jobs in Dubai
- Teaching Jobs in Dubai
- Store Keeper Jobs in Dubai
- Banking Jobs in Dubai
- Graphic Designer Jobs in Dubai
- Electrical Engineer Jobs in Dubai
- Computer Operator Jobs in Dubai