As the Buying Assistant you will be working closely with Trading Teams to track key timeframes supplier activity/ critical paths. Managing effective records of negotiation and relevant vendor activity will be key to meet deadlines.
- You will track progress and results against negotiation opportunities identified by Trading Team and the Buying Manager.
- Another element of this role is to develop your knowledge of the negotiation process and support the Buying Manager to find ways to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Analytical; able to produce, interpret and draw conclusions from data
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office and skilled with Microsoft Excel
- Accurate and numerate, with attention to detail to be able to challenge and spot errors
- Strong commercial awareness, with a creative eye for product and trends
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working within a face-paced, deadline driven environment
- Previous work experience within a Buying Head Office
- Previous commercial experience in a retail environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Yeovil, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A