Testing plays a significant role in the development of new software and systems. Test engineers work closely with system designers, software developers and program managers to improve the quality of the finished product. There’s a common saying in the Software Industry that behind every successful software is a careful Testing Engineer. Thus having the right candidate as a Testing Engineer is vital to the success of the product. The Senior Test Engineer will execute test activities throughout the software life cycle and document the results.
- Support quality system maintenance as it relates to software.
- Under supervision, create, review and execute manual and/or automated test cases to verify the correct functionality, usability, performance and reliability of systems and applications as part of the CI/CD pipeline.
- Creates clearly documented bug reports for anomalies found during test procedures. Verify bug fixes and document results.
- Review User Stories analyze software requirements with business analysts, designers and developers to ensure they are clear and testable.
- Interact with other engineering groups to document, analyze, perform and interpret tests for products, systems, components or modifications.
- Ensure testing procedures follow required industry or regulated standards.
- Document and communicate testing activities and results. Provide regular progress reports.
- Active collaboration & participation within Scrum team
- Demonstrate ability to work on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge of C++ and Python is preferred
- Experience in a regulated software development environment desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Demonstrated experience using Windows, Microsoft Office, and Outlook.
- 2 + years software testing experience
- May require attendance in cadaver labs or O.R. setting
- Strong interest in software testing
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A