If you’re deeply technical and passionate about building the best products for your customers, come join the engineering teams at Siemens. Whether you want to work on some of the world’s largest Industrial IOT systems, leverage cutting edge AWS technologies, streamline content delivery to end-users globally, build an awesome user experience, or just code to solve some of the hardest software problems, you will love working at Siemens. Come join our startup culture and participate first hand in designing the next generation of computing.
Work with cross-functional teams to ensure that we build world class products and services. Perform research and development on new technologies and methodologies for quality efforts. Develop best practices leveraged across Siemens business segments for cloud development and deployment.
Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems. You will work with technical leaders to refine our technical direction, ensure design for testability, and reliable operation of core services, which support all Siemens cloud services. You will work across agile teams that ship features continuously, and you will be able to see the impact of your work on real customers. Provide problem resolution and technical leadership for the group. Self-directed work on highly complex projects with latitude for independent judgment and technical expertise.
- Effectively facilitate and drive the quality of applications and services for multiple teams
- Develop quality best practices and standards. Build highly maintainable and reusable automation modules
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team spanning hardware, software, cloud development and product management.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on issues that impact product quality, performance, scalability and system stability
- Mentor, train and support other teams in overall testing processes and strategy
- Work closely with product management and with customers to understand how products could be more effective, and put those insights into action
- Define the overall quality strategy our products and services
Qualification & Experience:
- Complex systems including a mix of embedded and cloud development
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other related discipline required
- Administrative experience with Linux/UNIX systems
- Effective use of the CI/CD pipeline to produce high quality products and services
- Experience testing event-based, microservices architectures
- Test automation design at all levels from unit to end to end system testing
- Understanding of core AWS/Azure services, uses, and basic architecture best practices
- Knowledge of multi-tier architectures across multiple technology stacks .net, Java, J2EE, web servers, caching, application servers, RDBMS/NoSQL: MySQL, Mongo, Dynamo DB
- Proficiency (one or more years) in solution design using AWS or Azure
- Experience with data processing technologies such as Kafka/Kinesis, Spark, Storm
- Defining quality strategies that yield the highest quality and factor in resource usage, engineering efficiency, and the competencies of the team
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A