Identifies customers’ needs through the bank’s retail sales process to provide proactive basic sales solutions through customer outreach for basic customer needs and/or refer complex customer needs to the appropriate team member/partner. Specializes in our branch customer experience through lobby management, servicing and sales interactions for retail and business customers.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Proactively reach out to clients to via e-mail or phone to follow up and educate on value added products/services to address needs of clients
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Perform customer servicing interactions.
- Onboard new customers through customer outreach (regardless of available channel, and individual who opened account)
- Complete basic research on customer profiles in order to assess potential ways to add value to clients banking relationship and transition to needs to based discussion on financial goals
- Adequately prepares for scheduled appointment before customer meeting (prepare for sales interactions with pre-call plan)
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Play key role in Relationship Management (customer assessments, profiling for sales opportunities, account opening and lead-focused outbound calling), Sales Process (profile/pre-call planning, outreach, appointment preparation, interaction/appointment, follow-up) and Risk
- Management (audit requirements, fraud prevention, Know Your Customer (KYC) and customer information profile (CIP)).
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Identify financial needs of customers and present all appropriate product and service options by working cooperatively with appropriate internal business partners.
- Establish trust with existing clients through proactive outreach regularly
- Schedule preset appointments for the following week and hold appointments each week
- Proficient with internet user-level technology
- Proven ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Ability to interact with customers in an open face-to-face work environment
- Demonstrated financial services product knowledge
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Prolonged use of hands and fingers
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Well-organized individual with time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to lift light to heave objects weighing 5 lbs. to 30lbs
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED) and a minimum of 1 year proven proactive sales experience.
- Ability to use fax, telephone system, copier and other communication tools
- Ability to read fine print
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy with internal and external customers
Company: M&T Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Frederick, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A