As a Supervisor of the DC you’ll support the Operations Manager with the management of DC operations. You’ll assist with the daily warehouse functions of training and reviewing staff, performance management, receiving, picking, & shipping procedures, inventory control, DC Health & Safety, as well as maintain transportation needs.
- Order processing and fulfillment.
- Inventory control of all DC stock and assets.
- Returns processing.
- Support a clean and safe working environment.
- Contribute to a team environment focussed on constant improvement.
- Manage, coach and lead Distribution Centre staff.
- Training of staff in work processes and equipment operation.
- Receive and ship finished goods and raw materials.
- Manage warehouse and staff efficiency rates.
- Employee engagement and active participation in projects.
- Manage inbound, web and/or outbound operations.
- Employee scheduling and productivity targets.
- Deliver staff performance appraisals and performance management processes.
Qualification & Experience:
- You can handle projects, lots of projects, at the same time, while keeping cool.
- Experience working in a warehouse.
- You are mechanically oriented.
- Great communication skills – you listen first, then share knowledge. This goes for both speaking and writing.
- Savviness with Windows, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong leadership abilities. You’re generous with your knowledge and inspire your team members to grow.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a management or leadership role, and preferably post-secondary education.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, CA
Application Deadline: N/A