The Team Member’s responsibility first and foremost is to deliver a premium customer experience by inspiring creativity within our customers and making JOANN their happy place! All Team Members drive sales through advanced product knowledge, innovative merchandising, and cutting counter accuracy. The Team Member’s role is to create an exceptional in-store experience and provide excellent customer service by interacting and engaging with customers. The Team Member will also embody characteristics and perform the duties of Hearts, Hands, Minds, and Inspire.
- Greets every JOANN customer and uses the F.A.S.T. service model to meet the customer’s needs. Asks open-ended questions to learn about customers’ project needs and escorts them to the desired product’s location.
- Engages in friendly conversation with customers about their projects while serving them at the cutting counter, cash register, and sales floor.
- Processes customer transactions at the cutting counter and cash register in an efficient and friendly manner with professionalism and precision. Lift boxes from the truck and receiving area, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks. Required to enter and exit truck beds to remove freight. Unloads freight from the truck and sorts it according to company procedures. Move product from delivering truck to sales floor as needed. Stocks shelves accurately according to planogram while maintaining a high level of productivity and close attention to detail.
- Maintains high standards throughout the sales floor by cleaning and recovering shelves, putting away returns, and cleaning up any spills/messes with a sense of urgency.
- Assists other Team Members with tasks to ensure that the team exceeds expectations set by Store Management.
- Works with Store Management and other Team Members on projects in a friendly and professional manner.
- Assists with training new Team Members on running the register, cutting fabric, stocking shelves, and customer service.
- Invites customers to participate in store activities such as Education Classes, Custom Framing, and any other events. Proactively drives sales through product knowledge, suggestive selling, innovative merchandising and building strong customer relationships to the JOANN brand.
- Works to minimize shrink in the store by following proper policies and procedures including, but not limited to, cutting counter accuracy, remnants, damages, and inventory management.
- Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (carts, bins, etc.) to and from backroom and sales floor.
- Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break time).
- Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks.
- Orally communicate with customers and other team members on consistent basis throughout their shift.
- Experience Preferred: 1- 3 years previous experience in a customer centric environment
- Education Minimum: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Bend down and reach above head.
- Climb and descend ladder.
- Use 2-way radios (hear incoming messages and provide verbal response).
- Experience Minimum: No experience required
- Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout shift.
- Read written instructions, reports, and other information on paper and computer screens.
- Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: California City, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A
Popular Job Searches
- Accountant Jobs in Dubai
- Driver Jobs in Dubai
- Part Time Jobs in Dubai
- Walk in Interviews in Dubai
- Receptionist Jobs in Dubai
- Cunstomer Service Jobs in Dubai
- Online Jobs in Dubai
- Logistics Jobs in Dubai
- Data Entry Jobs in Dubai
- Sales Jobs in Dubai
- Fresher Jobs in Dubai
- Hotel Jobs in Dubai
- IT Jobs in Dubai
- Teaching Jobs in Dubai
- Store Keeper Jobs in Dubai
- Banking Jobs in Dubai
- Graphic Designer Jobs in Dubai
- Electrical Engineer Jobs in Dubai
- Computer Operator Jobs in Dubai