The purpose of this job is to ship, receive, unload, scan, move, stage, load, locate, relocate, and stack product, utilizing equipment to perform tasks to ensure that department facility objectives are met.
The incumbent performs the required tasks independently. The incumbent may perform duties in the areas of technical support, design and analysis, and can be required to make recommendations. The person holding such a position may also exercise supervisory responsibilities, but not on a regular and ongoing basis. Work is performed under the general supervision of an immediate supervisor, who reviews the completed work in order to assess the degree of judgment and compliance with standards.
- Assess all products and pallets, notifying supervisor(s) of any damaged materials.
- Responsible for maintaining safety and housekeeping standards in the department.
- Operate various types of equipment in the warehouse, including RF Scanners and Pallet Jacks.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Responsible for order selection processes as assigned by the Operations Supervisor and/or Operations Manager.
- Load, unload, move, stack, and stage products/materials using a fork lift, clamp truck, or other power equipment.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and assess, prioritize and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to take positive action without being requested to do so. Focuses on ongoing learning and development.
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Able to build relationships with others by offering help and providing suggestions for improvement.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles and the importance of creating an excellent customer experience. Acts with customers in mind when creating and executing processes or projects. Provides a high level of service to internal customers.
- 1 year of relevant work experience, preferably within a distribution center or warehouse.
Company: Guitar Center
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stockton, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A