As Delivery Manager you will manage one or more releases, typically to deliver a specific product or transformation via a cross-functional, highly skilled team. You’ll be adept at delivering complex initiatives, breaking down barriers for your team and planning at both a high level and granular level with great attention to detail.
- Help teams measure lead and cycle-time to see how long features take from concept to full delivery
- Align scope for delivery initiatives
- Partner with Product, Technology and other stakeholders across the organization on the delivery of product features and value from strategic
- concept to fully delivered solution.
- Ensure delivery issues are analyzed and resolved in a timely fashion.
- Keep leadership informed of key issues that may impact completion, budget or other results that may limit the product delivery
- Focus 80% of time on managing the delivery process and 20% on documentation/administration
- Serve as a liaison between technical and non-technical teams in order to remove impediments and ensure that the product vision is delivered across all efforts (infrastructure, software, etc.).
- Oversee delivery team activities and provide direction and guidance as needed to ensure timely and accurate customer deliveries
- Develop deep application knowledge to understand the impact of work being done
- Participate in maintenance window activities when necessary and make go/no go decisions
- Situationally aware – Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
- Conflict resolution – Able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Proven ability to analyze, organize, and integrate large amounts of complex information into clear, concise presentations and plans
- Communicative and social – Able communicate well with teams
- Assertive – Able ensure organizational concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority and make the tough calls.
- Attitude of transparency – Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business for development and to grow business trust
- Experience in the financial services industry is preferred
- Continual improvement – Must continually be growing one’s craft, learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Technical aptitude – Must be able to grasp advanced technical concepts
- 7+ years of experience working with business and technology teams preferred
- Enthusiastic – Must be high-energy
- BA/BS degree in business, computer science, information technology or related field required
- Facilitative – Able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Servant Leader – Able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get your hands dirty to get the job done
- Attitude of empowerment – Able to lead a team to self-organization
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Suwanee, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A