Develops designs, layouts, construction drawings, and a bill of material for relatively complex systems and on a number of smaller projects or portions of a larger project for the installation/removal/modification of utility infrastructure on Exelon’s electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. Performs field engineering and provides designs for both internal and external customers. May coordinate, track and monitor the electrical requirements of New Business projects to meet customer need dates. Interprets and applies engineering standards and memos.
- May respond to customer needs for service by evaluating standard versus required facilities in order to develop charges for customers that have financial and operational impact.
- Assists with technical consultation, plan developments and recommendations for customer and company systems and processes; (e.g. Verify and validate studies, blueprints, or designs against accepted engineering principles and practices)
- Interprets and applies engineering standards and memos.
- Responsible for financial requirements associated with projects that support the Asset Investment Committee (AIC) / Project Review Committee (PRC) process.
- Develops designs, layouts, construction drawings, and a bill of material for relatively complex systems and on a number of smaller projects or portions of a larger project for the installation/removal/modification of utility infrastructure on Exelon’s electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. This may include activities associated with customer contact, scheduling, engineering and construction of New Business installations, removals and relocations.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Develops construction drawings and material requirements for relatively complex systems associated with utility infrastructure installation, removal or modification. Works independently under the direction of a lead engineer.
- Evaluates effectiveness of current design processes. Participates on teams; (e.g. Design high voltage transmission and distribution circuits, meeting all engineering standards and criteria)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology
- Proficient Computer Drawing and Computer Assisted Design skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Successful completion of the Technician Occupations Selection Systems (TECH) test
- Associate’s degree in a technical field (1) or equivalent relevant education / experience (See Section Below) (2) AND 2 – 5 years of relevant technical experience
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem-solving approaches.
- Good knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes, methods, and practices necessary to perform routine assignments for a specific discipline installations, or service.
- Knowledge of construction, operations or engineering principles and practices.
- Ability to analyze and interpret electrical and mechanical systems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Springfield, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A