As a Visual Effects Artist, you will create simulations and systems that both mimic real-life phenomena and capture the imagination through fantastic visuals. We are looking for a technically proficient, artistically gifted, full stack real-time VFX artist. You should be able to rapidly create particle systems using game engine tools, have a deep understanding of effects shaders and material workflows, be able to produce meshes for a variety of uses from shader embellishment to physical simulations including destruction, and generate all types of textures, from painterly to procedural. You should understand the multifaceted relationship between amazing real-time visuals and performance and optimization. You should have a passion for investigating and inventing new techniques and workflows, along with creating documentation so those pipelines can benefit the entire team.
- Be willing to troubleshoot issues, deep dive into systems, and work closely with graphics engineers to find solutions.
- Take responsibility for interacting with members of all disciplines, such as environment artists and level designers, combat designers and character artists, or gameplay engineers, to implement and integrate your effects completely.
- Textures, materials and shaders
- Game data hookup which can often include use of timelines and scripting
- Particle systems
- Meshes and animation
- Work closely with the Art Director and VFX lead to generate consistently awesome visuals that support the art style of the game.
- Create assets, components and templates that are customizable and reusable for both the VFX team and the entire game development team.
- Generate all content required for your visual effects, including:
- Be reliable and self-sufficient, providing meaningful updates, responding to feedback, and delivering your work on a specified schedule.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong technical problem solver.
- Relevant 2D and 3D software experience—Photoshop, Maya, Houdini, Substance Designer.
- 2+ years of real-time Visual Effects experience in games.
- Ability to quickly learn new software and adapt to company proprietary software.
- Self-motivated team player who proactively seeks feedback and communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Art-related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Excel in a collaborative and diverse fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Spokane, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A