The Team Member’s responsibility first and foremost is to deliver a premium customer experience by inspiring creativity within our customers and making JOANN their happy place! All Team Members drive sales through advanced product knowledge, innovative merchandising, and cutting counter accuracy. The Team Member’s role is to create an exceptional in-store experience and provide excellent customer service by interacting and engaging with customers. The Team Member will also embody characteristics and perform duties of Brand Ambassador, Operational Excellence, Business Acumen, and Inspirational Leader.
- Maintains high standards throughout the sales floor by cleaning and recovering shelves, putting away returns, and cleaning up any spills/messes with a sense of urgency
- Processes customer transactions at the cutting counter and cash register in an efficient and friendly manner with professionalism and precision
- Greets every JOANN customer and uses the F.A.S.T. service model to meet the customer’s needs
- Asks open-ended questions to learn about customers’ project needs and escorts them to the desired product’s location
- Stocks shelves accurately according to planogram while maintaining a high level of productivity and close attention to detail
- Engages in friendly conversation with customers about their projects while serving them at the cutting counter, cash register, and sales floor
- Read written instructions, reports, and other information on paper and computer screens.
- Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break time).
- Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout shift.
- Orally communicate with customers and other team members on consistent basis throughout their shift.
- Use 2-way radios (hear incoming messages and provide verbal response).
- Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (carts, bins, etc.) to and from backroom and sales floor.
Qualification & Experience:
- Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Santa Rose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A