JetBlue Jobs – Associate Analyst Revenue Management
The Revenue Management team is responsible for maximizing ticket revenue on every flight, every day, within the JetBlue route network. The group is comprised of two teams—Inventory and Pricing—that work closely together to ensure that JetBlue is selling the optimal number of tickets across the spectrum of prices available based on customer demand.
As an Inventory Associate Analyst, you will be responsible for the revenue performance for a portfolio of JetBlue routes, often representing more than $100 million of revenue under direct control. Within your portfolio, you will use inventory controls to determine the optimal fare to sell at any given moment in time to maximize each flight’s revenue.
As a Pricing Associate Analyst, you will be responsible for ensuring that JetBlue is always competitive in the highly dynamic world of airline pricing by monitoring industry pricing changes filed through a clearinghouse throughout the day, and determining and executing JetBlue’s response. You will also work with the Inventory team to ensure that every market has an optimal pricing structure in place.
- Learn and test implementations of revenue management theory and effect improvements on current business processes to enhance system-wide revenue performance
- Design and execute controlled fare tests to study customer price elasticity of demand
- Query and analyze passenger ticketing data to gain market knowledge, and leverage that knowledge to inform future pricing decisions
- Effectively communicate revenue performance and competitive market dynamics to fellow Crewmembers, Managers, and above
- Provide cross-functional support to other teams including Sales, Network Planning, Loyalty, Travel Products, and Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research or related field upon hire
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as quantitative critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate analytical reasoning with the ability to tackle complex problems
- Ability to successfully complete an assessment
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Word
- Ability to work cross-functionally, collaboratively and under pressure
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Long Island City, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A