Jetblue Careers Opportunities – Manager Schedule
The Manager leads the Schedule Publications Team responsible for the cross-functional alignment on, and timely distribution of JetBlue’s published flight schedule, and Codeshare setup and weekly processing.
- Manages JetBlue’s weekly publication files, coordinates with IT on schedule testing requirements, coordinates with Customer Support and manages the customer reaccommodation workflow, and cross-functionally determines the appropriate content of JetBlue’s selling schedules.
- Works with all Operating departments on close-in schedule issues to ensure schedules align with operating constraints, cost targets, staffing plans and meets the company’s operating metrics.
- Works closely with the Route Planning and Schedule Planning teams to determine the appropriate content for JetBlue’s weekly capacity changes.
- Processes weekly and ad-hoc Schedule Changes in SabreSonic RES.
- Maintains schedule change tables and publication settings in SabreSonic RES and Sabre Schedule Manager.
- Maintains passenger Minimum Connect Times with OAG/Innovata.
- Coordinates and plans codeshare development in concert with Airline Partnerships Team
- Oversees weekly Codeshare processing.
- Facilitates new partnership launches and maintains existing partnership settings.
- Distributes accurate JetBlue publication schedules to external sources (OAG/Innovata) and internal JetBlue departments. Also assists
- Reservations department with schedule change related items.
- Coordinates functions of the Scheduling Team with the functions of other departments internal and external to the Planning Department (Reservations, Customer Support, Airline Partnerships amongst others) to ensure that the needs and accomplishments of the department embrace the vision of the Company
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Five (5) years of airline, airline planning, schedule publications, or transportation analytical experience
- Experience in reservation systems technology and/or scheduling software
- Ability to work well with all levels of leadership
- Extremely detail oriented
- Knowledge in Sabre AirVision Suite and/or Sabre reservation system
- Able to visualize the ultimate plan and be able to work with all the operating departments to help them fully understand the schedule and put it into action
- Ability to be nimble and think outside the box in an environment that can bring change to the everyday processes regularly
- In-depth understanding of airline scheduling, global distribution systems, and PNR life cycles
- Understand the airline operations and planning in order to effectively relate to the schedules being produced
- Able to effectively handle numerous schedules and scheduling issues at the same time
- Pass a ten (10) year background check, and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Long Island City, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A