Jet Blue Jobs – Architect IT Security
The Architect develops, documents, and disseminates information security architectural standards across all of JetBlue’s Information Technology groups. The Architect provides direction to project teams on building the appropriate information security controls into systems in development. The Architect provides direction to system engineers on improving and maintaining the appropriate information security controls for production systems. The Architect is responsible for driving the implementation and adoption of key information security tools.
- Design, build and implement enterprise-class security systems for a production environment
- Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats and design security architecture elements around threat informed defense
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with cyber security requirements
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for LANs, WANs, virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures.
- Verifies security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
- Upgrades security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Participates in Project Management activities and the IT Architectural Review Board to drive overall technology direction for JetBlue.
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Four (4) years information technology experience.
- Four (4) years information security experience.
- Experience delivering comprehensive architecture specifications
- Experience providing data protection and web application firewalls
- Must be able to work in a team environment as a productive and cordial team player
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced multi-team environment
- Ability to present to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work to deadlines with quick turnaround
- Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism and diplomacy
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A