Jet Blue Employment – Senior Engineer DevOps
The Senior Engineer, DevOps plays an integral role in implementing and executing cloud practices for build management, product release and operation processes. The role is responsible for managing and automating the build and deployment process and regression testing, building tools and monitoring used in product implementations. The Senior Engineer, DevOps will help in defining, maintaining procedures and tools that are used to deliver releases in a repeatable and scalable manner. This role involves significant collaboration with stakeholders across IT and partners.
- Develop operations processes, implement new software deployment strategies, and conduct professional software testing when needed
- Establish and run the processes for on-going maintenance while monitoring support and security patching of a platform
- Automate, support, and ensure CI/CD in product development.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define specifications and requirements for all internal and external development and deployment
- Perform code reviews to ensure high quality and consistent coding practices, operations and infrastructure teams to ensure seamless deployments, proper documentation, and support for applications
- Ensure that JetBlue IT and business standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with Company policies and all audit, security, and regulatory requirements
- Work with internal and external Engineering/Security/Operations teams to ensure that the defined standards are met and used throughout all departments
- Be part of the on-call team to help resolve issues with the customer facing and support applications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- Four (4) years of previous experience working with infrastructure and/or development teams to build enterprise-scale application integration solutions.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process
- Experience architecting and supporting highly available and highly scalable infrastructure
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and apply that knowledge to DevOps efforts within the team
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash, and Python.
- Experience with Container orchestration like Kubernetes, Docker, Vulnerabilities and Patch management.
- Experience with Cloud Platforms: Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform or Amazon AWS.
- Proficient in Cloud based software development/management tools (Chef/Puppet/Salt Stack, Jenkins, Ruby, Jenkins Pipelines, GitHub,
- Vagrant, Ubuntu/Centos/RHEL, VMWare, Docker, Artifactory or similar)
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Sumologic or similar.
- Knowledge of Release Management Processes including Canary Deployments and Blue/Green.
- Available for overnight travel (less than 10%)
- Able to work flexible hours and be available for emergency response on short notice
- Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Long Island City, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A