Job description / Role
Our client is a leading government organisation which is currently embarking on a period of high growth as they look to deliver an enterprise-level IT transformation programme.
The IT Systems and Infrastructure Engineer is a key role where the individual is responsible for building, maintaining and administrating numerous system technologies.
* Responsible for Network LAN/WAN/WLAN and internet infrastructure patching and upgrades.
* Responsible for general health and maintenance of Microsoft Windows operating systems and Active Directory.
* Responsible for general health and maintenance of private VMware cloud infrastructure.
* Responsible for server and network infrastructure patching and upgrades.
* Follows change control procedures and work with the team to migrate changes into production environments.
* Performs quality assurance of all changes before they are approved for production.
* Coordinate with other technology team members to complete user requests or resolve issues where server and cloud & virtualization specific issues are escalated.
* Establishes and documents standards and policies to ensure IT assets are properly secured and protected by applying appropriate access management and privacy controls.
* Work with Service Desk provider to ensure optimal end-user support.
* Evaluate and install relevant patches to EPM products (HFM, DRM, ODI, Essbase Planning, FR,
* Automation and scripting of tasks for monitoring service status in Linux and windows environments.
* Monitor Hyperion Systems / Applications Logs for errors and outage conditions, manage and maintain Hyperion Services for uptime.
* Manage complete system backups including scripting for Essbase backups (archive mode, etc.).
Highly competitive salary and package on offer for the best candidate