- In pursuit of an IT Certification, Technical Degree, OR Associate’s Degree within a relevant technical field such as Information Technology, Computer Hardware Repair or similar with a completion date of Spring 2022 – Summer 2023
- In pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree within a relevant technical field such as Information Technology, Computer Hardware Repair or similar with a graduation date of December 2022 – Summer 2023.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is growing rapidly, and we are looking for Data Center Technician Interns to join our expanding Infrastructure Operations team.
The intern will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data center operations—this means we work to keep our data centers up and running to meet our customers needs. This position involves hardware and network diagnostics followed by physical repair, and may include participation in an on-call rotation. All candidates should be willing to work both independently and with a team. Work prioritization, organizational skills, effective communication, and the ability to react quickly are critical to being successful. In addition to hardware and network repair, candidates will install equipment, create documentation, innovate solutions, and fix complex problems within the data center space.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds unassisted; and participate in group lifts for 36 pounds or more.
- Must be able to lift loads of up to 49 pounds and carry them for short distances.
- Continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs).
- Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance.
- Push or pull heavy objects into position.
- Some travel may be required.
Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
Upon successful completion of the internship program, select interns will receive return offers as Data Center Techs. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks, in Summer 2022. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes. This position requires the intern to report to work onsite on a daily basis. Intern schedules are typically day schedules, Monday-Friday. A full time position as a Data Center Tech could involve day, evening, or weekend shifts and on-call rotations.
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and helps you further develop your skillset.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Familiarity with computer hardware component and operating systems.
- Experience with one or more of the following hardware platforms (e.g. Dell, HP) is a plus. HP, Dell, ZT, Foxconn, Super Micro, SGI, etc.
- Previous relevant IT experience.
- Ability to manage work and priorities through a ticketing system and coordination with Manager.
- An interest in computer sciences and information technology.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.