Our client, a reputed satellite telecom company operational in the UAE having client base in approximately 140 countries requires an energetic, self-motivated and dynamic IT Specialist with strong technical acumen. Placed in Dubai,the candidate will be responsible for leading the IT function and implementing best in class IT practices and infrastructure across the group but not limited to the below.
The IT Specialist is a key role to provide IT infrastructure and end user support across different business locations. The applicants profile must have proven experience and proficiency in the following
- Must be an expert in MS Office, Windows OS and Server, Microsoft Suite and must have hands on experience in running and an expert in administrating infrastructure elements such as Domain controller/configuration, Email/Exchange server, MS Office365, File servers and intranet/storage management (NAS/SAN Storages), Virtualization etc.
- The applicant must be skilled in implementing and operationalizing internetworking infrastructure including administration of firewalls (Cisco, Fortinet, Sophos, Sonicwall), routers, switches (layer 2 and 3) and Access Points (Ubiquiti, Aruba etc.). The applicant should also possess high levels of expertise in networking concepts such as SDWAN, WAN configurations, VLANs, LAN configurations etc.
- Expertise in cloud infrastructure and managing and administrating the companys digital assets such as cloud hosting, domain name administration, AWS and Azure instances. The ideal candidate should have hands on experience in administrating and running AWS and Azure cloud instances and must be able to provide administration and configuration support to developers of websites, portals and different web applications.
- Must be able to handle all desktop/Laptop/Server configurations within the company including Android, Apple, products and services. The candidate must also have demonstrated experience in documenting and maintaining records and configurations of the companys IT Assets, systems and infrastructure.
- Must have knowledge and experience of handling and leading administration activities of in-house and cloud business applications including ERP, web portals, Web-administration etc. Experience in administrating and implementing IT applications such as Sales POS applications, ERP Systems (Orion, Tally etc.), Access control and HRMS systems is also mandatory.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in IT security practices such as IT access controls, IT administration policies and secure practices, End Point Security software implementation, Virus detection and mitigation tools and processes, Web assets/web security to avoid malware, intrusion attacks etc. for websites, web portals and all cloud assets.
- Assists in planning and implementing changes to workstations and/or servers environment and services and review of operational procedures and workflow and suggest improvement.
- Provide comprehensive IT Support for Users IT problems and glitches that require troubleshooting both for in-house and remote company users
- Bachelors/Engineering Degree of IT/Computer Science or related technology discipline.
- Diploma certification in IT System administration/Related vendor certifications such as Microsoft, Cisco, IT security, ITIL or similar industry certifications will be preferred.
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in IT Administration.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.