Job description / Role
An exciting opportunity has come up for a well experienced IT Service Delivery Manager – Emirati national to be based in Abu Dhabi. Reporting directly to the IT Director, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of assigned personnel in Service Delivery.
• Manages the function and exercises financial authority at the level established by management for the position.
• Manages the delivery and completion of IT projects as per international best practice by monitoring project milestones, expenditures, and overall budget.
• Escalates major issues to IT Management and ITPC.
• Understands business needs and ensure the delivery and implementation of best-in-class IT solutions as per stated goals and timelines.
• Manages the preparation and review of internal Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements.
• Manages the execution of the enterprise IT governance strategy by implementing and maintaining effective IT governance standards based on a continual improvement life cycle.
• Ensures the availability of IT services, coordinating the documentation of incidents and escalating as necessary to meet the Business Continuity Mandate.
• Provides support to Business Assurance related to planning, facilitation, reviewing and remediation efforts. Also maintains a complete and up-to-date repository of audit findings and remediation plans for better use.
• Oversees the Change Management Framework to make sure changes are adequate, planned properly and in a timely fashion to ensure continuity of IT services.
• Manages the IT Risk Framework and ensures risks are managed effectively and efficiently.
• Provides pro-active support to the business departments on the delivery of agreed SLA’s and services to ensure that SLA’s are met and users are satisfied.
• Manages the preparation and monitors the IT Projects and IT Combined budgets.
• Liaises with Section Heads and ensures that the IT Strategy document is up-to-date and aligned with the business goals and objectives
• Coordinates the development and review of processes in co-operation with all relevant Section Heads to provide reliable and consistent service delivery.
• Defines the goals and objectives of IT Service Delivery staff and the Service Delivery Section as a whole and conducts periodic reviews of progress against the agreed objectives.
• Keeps him/herself up-to-date of latest IT trends in order to bring value to the business.
• Responsible for the professional development of key talent in the team.
• Carries out other similar or related duties as assigned by line manager