At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS – Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
Responsible for resolving local end user technology issues related to applications, infrastructure and network. Performing a range of technical/user issue management, and acts as a direct point of contact for service issues delegated / escalated from IT Service Desk. Provides local L1 desk side support for technology issues
Primary duties and responsibilities
Abide by the budget set for the department.
- Manage the local IT purchases and maintain a log file of all expenditures.
- LAN: responsible for maintaining the operational effectiveness of infrastructure, account management, moves/adds/changes, troubleshooting, and ongoing enhancements to the LAN.
- WAN: maintain the connection between the office and the WAN, coordinates actions with both local and global teams.
- Assist in the management of Electronic Mail: manages user accounts and performs basic troubleshooting.
- Software distribution/support: distribute firm supported software packages and upgrades to staff as necessary, and provides ongoing support in alignment with firm policies.
- Hardware support: may perform repairs but mainly facilitates repair with outsource-vendor and manufacturer.
- Voice mail/video conferencing: support operations of systems, performs troubleshooting, and makes changes to each system.
- Corporate roll outs: coordinates, support, and/or distributes new firm supported products.
- Service Desk: Manages and resolves tickets delegated or escalated by IT Service Desk (Remote Support) Responsible for tracking the reported problem and resolution, and escalates to L2 support as appropriate.
- Manage and perform service requests Set-up end user’s devices.
- Serve as point of contact for staff for computer technology information and standards guidance.
- Responsible for delivery of Technology Support in line with the approved technology processes, procedures and support scripts.
- Flags issues for which appropriate script solutions are not available to End User Experience Specialist.
- Coordinate with other team members in the completion of assigned project.
- Assist client staff in formal and informal sessions on the use of current products.
- Manage, resolve and escalate IT incidents as required.
- Setup and operate local data centers and other IT infrastructure.
- Conduct IT Inductions Sessions.
Learning and Growth
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Fluency in spoken and written English; Arabic is an advantage.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in the technical environment.
Knowledge & Skills
- Sound diagnostic and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with limited supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
(if blank, certifications not specified)
(If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
Service:Internal Firm Services
Return to job search
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.