When you think of food delivery in the MENA region, we’d be pretty surprised if talabat didn’t pop into your mind first! Since delivering our first order in Kuwait in 2004, we’ve grown quite a lot over the past 17 years.
Today, we deliver hundreds of millions of food orders, grocery items and other products per year, to our customers in nine countries throughout the region with more than 3,000+ employees! Our food delivery business works with over 27,000 brands and almost 50,000 branches, while our q-commerce concept, talabat mart, now delivers groceries to customers in Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman Qatar, and the UAE in 30 minutes or less!
Our philosophy is to make sure we do what is right for our ecosystem – our customers, our partners, our people, our riders, and the communities in which we operate. Our #techforgood program allows our customers a safe and convenient way to contribute to important causes in their community through donating to local and international charities directly on talabat with a focus on food insecurity in the region. Since its inception in 2020, we have facilitated the donation of well over 1 million meals to those in need, as well as donated over $1.5 million to charity with the help of our partners and customers. talabat is part of Delivery Hero, the global leader in online food delivery and q-commerce.
Has work experience involving concepts and procedures in own discipline.
Technical Skills & Key Responsibilities
- Performs a range of assignments within a single function
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments, but can propose improvements for frameworks and procedures
- Works under supervision and direction from more senior level roles
- Solves standard problems by analyzing possible solutions using experience, judgment, precedents and limited sources of information
- Administer the creation, operation, modification, and deletion of username and passwords of employees in the specified system and servers.
- Analyze user requirements and troubleshoot desktop, network & systems problems.
- Provide network access to users as required.
- Maintain the IT asset documentation and ensuring that all assets are recorded, updated/removed.
- Liase with the vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
Capabilities (Behavior, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities) Understands their team’s practices and processes
- Fast learner, actively seeking feedback
- Seeks out mentorship to grow their own experience
- Eager to learn and grow skillset
- Proactively seeks help & guidance from senior engineers
- Understands basic utility of the product
- Understands the importance of weighing cost and value in decision making
- Asks more senior engineers for help in applying this type of thinking to their work
Working within Talabat means access to world’s leading perks and benefits, including:
Dynamic & innovative environment
Building the fastest growing, largest and most valuable network of online food ordering services in the world
Working with diverse, cross-cultural teams from over 55 nationalities
Developer Exchange Programs with other DH entities
Company events, hackathons, cultural and sports events
Fresh fruit, cereal, beverages, tea and coffee
Comprehensive healthcare as well as subsidized gym membership and parking
Relocation package (if required)