To coordinate parts procurement activities from planning to receipt of parts and to facilitate smooth movement of parts from port to point of sale.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Thorough understanding of Principal’s manuals and processes for ordering / follow up / escalation / claims
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure ISO (Initial stock order) are placed for new models in advance and review those ISO till it reaches normal ordering cycle
- Releasing orders as per the dealer day / dealer time and review order acceptance report for taking proactive actions
- Review system suggested order quantities for all movement categories for preparing stock orders
- Review of seasonal demand parts, slow moving parts, Phase IN & Phase OUT parts
- Review % mix of Stock order / VOR / AIR orders on weekly basis both value wise / line wise
- Follow up of all type of orders and escalate immediately if it has got any issue in the supply chain, follow escalation contact till the order is received at warehouse
- Provide rolling forecast to local dealers for consumable inventory (e.g. Tyres & consumables)
- Internal customers to be kept informed about their orders status by providing right ETA
- Shipments to be prioritized based on the need and to be informed well in advance to warehouse team to plan in-bound inventory.
- Maintain all records for easy retrieval
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering is preferred
- 5 years of experience in planning and inventory control (purchasing and tracking) in a computerized environment.
- 2 – 3 years experience in automotive industry will be definite advantage.