Join our team and discover how an international network that’s focused on service, quality and sustainability, is able to connect people and improve lives through the power of global trade. And not just for our customers, but for every member of our team too. To learn more about our culture, motivated people and our purpose, please visit www.dpdhl.jobs/express
Handle all internal control matters, manage the internal control cycles and liaise with external parties where needed.
Provide internal auditing of systems and procedures including the required audits to ensure that we comply with network standards and procedures
- Responsible for implementing, directing and overseeing the auditing and compliance programs.
- Conducts and directs audits and ongoing reviews of organization controls, operating procedures, and compliance with policies and regulations.
- Reviews and appraises the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of compliance procedures and controls and timeliness of documentation generation.
- Assesses the adequacy and extent of programs designed to safeguard organization assets.
- Compiles and issues reports detailing conclusions and providing recommendations for improvements.
- Directs and appraises the activities of audit and compliance personnel.
- Serves as liaison for all external audit and regulatory agencies.
- Monitor and analyse performance statistics and investigate root cause of service failures, recommending improvements as appropriate to drive continuous service improvement
- Analyse processes to ensure the removal of non-value added process steps and processes and identify key areas of the business where process initiatives can enhance quality and performance. Recommend and facilitate projects for improvement
- Benchmark processes externally and internally as appropriate to ensure that DHL also strives towards achieving best practices
- Organise and monitor the effectiveness of training in quality, improvement initiatives and quality / business improvement tools to identify areas that can be further enhanced/improved
- Facilitate, support and promote change and improvement initiatives within all departments
- Suggest and undertake business improvement projects contributing to the reduction in bottom line costs or an improvement in service levels
Give feedback to Dept. manager with recommendations for change. Ensure recommendations, once agreed are implemented
Skills / Qualifications
- Planning and Organizing
The position holder requires to plan & organise one’s time to ensure that audit schedules are adhered to, preparation for external awards are commenced promptly to adhere to deadlines and personal objectives are met and exceeded
- Decision Making
The job holder is required to advise consult, and direct on corrective actions that are required to conduct audits independently
- Results Orientation
Continually seeks to accomplish critical tasks with measurable results. Overcomes obstacles and makes adjustments to achieve results. Focuses self and others to achieve targets aligned with business goals.
Works cooperatively with others to achieve target and objectives. Accomplishes own tasks in support of staff goals and actively offers to help colleagues. Supports group decisions.
Acts responsibly. Can be counted on to keep commitments. Complies with DHL expectations, policies and procedures. Builds others’ trust in own professionalism, integrity, expertise and ability to achieve results.
- Communication Skills
Provides both verbal and written information in a timely, clear and concise manner. Expresses ideas effectively, adjusting style to the needs of others. Listens attentively and asks questions when needed to clarify information.
- Self Management
Remains calm, objective and controlled in responding to urgent or demanding situations. Maintains effective performance under pressure. Stays positive.
- Attention to Detail
Is thorough and complete in performing all aspects of the job. Stays focussed on the details of the job, no matter how small. Checks and monitors work to ensure accuracy.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal style
- Excellent personal presentation.
- Good clear command of the English language
- Excellent organisational skills, including ability to prioritise workload
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, time sensitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative/judgement to solve job related issues
- Good understanding of DHL Network
- Strong problem solving capability
- Desire to get the job done
- Right first time philosophy
- Results oriented
- Self motivated & self managing
- Planning and organization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent coaching and feedback skills
- Ability to influence others, persuasive
- Good business acumen
- Team player
- 10 year’s experience within the Air express industry, preferably within DHL.
- Experience of leading and managing all staff in all internal control matters.
Strong career support in an international environment.
Great culture and colleagues.
Multifarious benefit programm.