Who we are
We are a leading luxury retailer in the Middle East, with more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of our organisation’s growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now’s your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you’ll have everything you need to innovate your career.
Innovation and Growth Lead
We are looking for an entrepreneur who operates with a strategic and creative lens to lead our start up growth within our innovative space ‘The Greenhouse’.
The Greenhouse is the Chalhoub Group’s space for entrepreneurship and innovation, and it was born from the need to disrupt before being disrupted! It is the home to our Group’s retail accelerator and Ibtikar model for both internal and external startup ideas. It’s a space for startup innovation to foster and permeate a culture of entrepreneurship across the Group and beyond.
The Innovation and Growth Lead is a unique and rare opportunity within the Middle East region and this role requires a self-starter, a highly passionate and motivated candidate with an entrepreneurial and growth mindset to create and drive our very own venture building platform.
What you’ll be doing
Our Innovation & Growth Lead will play a pivotal role as part of our Greenhouse Management team, by leading both our internal and external start up models across both UAE and KSA.
Reporting to the Chief Innovation Officer, you will lead an agile and dynamic team, be a change driver and driven to achieve success for the SGII division and Group.
- Design, develop and suggest new Growth strategies for the Greenhouse
- Perform as Strategic Partner to Chief Innovation Officer to influence change, propose new strategies, and improvements to current models
- Create, lead and direct ideation and other relevant workshops at the GH
- Develop, manage and execute Group innovation training
- Act as Creative lead for content and marketing strategies in collaboration with the Content & Comms Executive
- Be our ambassador to raise awareness for Ibtikar and driving more ideas to the GH
- Drive the adoption of Ibtikar and the Greenhouse in KSA
- Develop and lead the strategy for the corporate venture builder
- Ideating internally at the GH through user testing, customer research and prototyping internally at the GH
- Ensure ideas driven by the GH are relevant to the wider SGII and group mission
- Support the Greenhouse team in developing the corporate innovation strategy for the group
- Drive growth strategies for the startups within the startup studio and Ibtikar Work with the Ibtikar Program Lead to develop equity strategies for the startup studio
- Attract, identify and hire the right talent/founders for the startups launched under the startup
- Build a more data driven approach to selecting and moving forward with the startups within Ibtikar and the startup studio
What you’ll need to succeed
- Previous experience of driving growth strategies for startups
- Growth mindset and entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven experience of leading new ventures/startups, creating workshops and programmes and building prototypes
- Capability to identify and bring together entrepreneurs and collective brilliance
- Strong talent catalyst: team player, able to magnify the power of people around.
- Demonstrates ability to learn multiple functional areas of business e.g. tech, finance, or data
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts. Relocation package is also included!