Ernst & Young
Job description / Role
Our globally coordinated tax professionals offer connected services across all tax disciplines to help our clients thrive in an era of rapid change. We combine our exceptional knowledge and experience with the people and technology platforms that make us an ideal partner for all their tax-related needs. In Tax, we equip clients to make better business decisions by bringing insights to the forefront. We help companies understand the tax policies and tax laws of governments around the world to plan and comply accordingly.
Our teams leverage transformative technologies to deliver strategy and execution, from tax and regulatory obligations to operations and workforce management, to reduce risk and drive sustainable value. Tax has six sub-service lines which cover a wide range of issues: Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Global Law, Indirect Tax, International Tax and Transaction Services and People Advisory Services.
Joining our Indirect Tax team, you’ll be a part of a globally integrated team helping leading organizations to move goods and services around the world more effectively. You’ll combine your technical skills and practical experience across industries and geographies to provide tailored advice to clients. This will include identifying risk areas and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle. You’ll advise clients on VAT treatment of new and complex transactions and help resolve classification or other disputes and issues with the authorities. Your proactive, pragmatic and integrated strategies will help our clients achieve their potential in today’s global environment.
Your key responsibilities
• You are expected to work effectively as a member of a worldwide network of professional advisors, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
• You must also collaborate with a team of VAT professionals to combine diverse cross-border transaction experience with local tax knowledge across a broad spectrum of industries.
• Participating and assisting in preparing for meetings with management teams will be part of your role.
• You will be assisting in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties.
• You will also develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and build strong internal relationships within the VAT practice, Indirect Tax and across other service lines.
• You must build a deep understanding of the Customs Law and its practical application across the countries.
• You are expected to understand and apply the regional Free Trade Agreements and key customs concepts such as valuation, classification and origin.
• You will be identifying and discussing VAT considerations for clients to be aware of in their outbound investments.
• Engaging with colleagues in overseas offices to deliver VAT advice in respect of global jurisdictions will be part of your responsibilities.
• You will also prepare for the potential introduction of VAT in the different countries and to discuss with clients how this may impact them as well as work with internal teams to provide indirect tax expertise for audit and transaction projects.
Skills and attributes for success
• You must be able to build strong client relationships & excellently communicate in a range of situations in both written and oral English.
• You should also be able to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards.
• You are expected to be a client focused and commercially aware team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels.
• You must also possess project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget.
• You should also be able to solve problems creatively and pragmatically.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A degree in economics, finance, tax or accounting
• A relevant Masters degree, CPA or ACA/CA/CPA/CMA/SOCPA/Law qualification/CTA or equivalent tax qualification
• At least 4 years of relevant experience as Indirect Tax professional
• Experience working for a Big 4 accounting firm is preferred. However, we will consider candidates with from law firms or with relevant industry experience
• Customs duty advisory experience is preferable, but we will also consider candidates with VAT/GST advisory experience
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.
Popular Job Searches
- Accountant Jobs in Dubai
- Driver Jobs in Dubai
- Part Time Jobs in Dubai
- Walk in Interviews in Dubai
- Receptionist Jobs in Dubai
- Cunstomer Service Jobs in Dubai
- Online Jobs in Dubai
- Logistics Jobs in Dubai
- Data Entry Jobs in Dubai
- Sales Jobs in Dubai
- Fresher Jobs in Dubai
- Hotel Jobs in Dubai
- IT Jobs in Dubai
- Teaching Jobs in Dubai
- Store Keeper Jobs in Dubai
- Banking Jobs in Dubai
- Graphic Designer Jobs in Dubai
- Electrical Engineer Jobs in Dubai
- Computer Operator Jobs in Dubai