Job description / Role
Income Auditor – Th8 HOTEL
To verify the daily work prepared by the Night Audit staff, to supervise the day to day activities of Night Audit and to perform any other audit functions as defined in the Company’s policies and procedures.
Th8 Dubai is a pre-opening 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai’s iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 162 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
– Verifying, monitoring, and reviewing all hotel revenue reports and night audit reports.
– Ensuring that daily revenues and settlements are in balance.
– Summarizing revenue and settlement information in a Journal Entry format.
– Completing various management reports as required by accounting management depending on the needs of hotel operations.
– Completing various other accounting tasks and duties as required by accounting management.
– Ensure that the banquet department’s revenue postings are correct and follow up on errors and discrepancies.
– Verify and reconcile all revenue centres as reported in the Income Journal daily.
– Review and balance rebates, paid outs, miscellaneous charges and staff charges to the Property Management System.
– Review Housekeeping discrepancy report.
– Monitor rebates, allowances, house charges, and paid out amounts to ensure that each account is properly authorized and has relevant explanations.
– Review telephone charges from in-house administration.
– Review F&B voids to verify authorization and adequate backup information.
– Balance the Property Management telephone postings with the call accounting system’s summary of guest charges.
– Reconcile banquet orders with all banquet guest checks.
– Review the night audits’s balance of the food and beverage revenue against the food and beverage point of sales system.
– Review the balance of all miscellaneous revenues such as laundry, telephone, movies, and garage departments.
– Reconcile guest ledger, the accounts receivable, and advanced deposits. As well, the Income Auditor must prepare and record daily revenue entry or 15 day revenue summary report and generate a statistical report on the mix of sales.
– Income Journal: using a secure environment and getting a daily sign off on balanced position by Assistant Controller.
– Cash Receipts Journal
– A/R Adjustment Journal
– Assist with month end closing and subsequent analysis of bank accounts and other balance sheet accounts as directed by the Assistant Controller.
– Ensure that all service charges (Banquet, Room Service etc.,) paid are inline with net receipts on pay period basis.
– Approve invoices for all miscellaneous guest charges, after ensuring that guest charges were processed regularly.
– Maintain sequential control for Banquet cheques and outlet cheques.
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.