Our growing central Marketing team in EMEA is now looking for an in-house Marketing Executive to work closely with and support the Senior Marketing Manager to deliver marketing campaigns. The Marketing Executive will support our sales pipeline and help our existing clients to grow their customer experience management capabilities.
Our busy and fast-growing UK marketing team is looking for an ambitious and driven marketing executive to provide support on the execution of our marketing strategy, to drive lead generation and build our brand as the leading customer experience management company.
Working with senior members of the marketing team to support a business of over 940 employees, the marketing executive will be responsible for delivering marketing activity across channels including paid media, events, webinars, podcasts, multimedia campaigns, social media and our website.
The UK marketing team is responsible for supporting the growth and retention of our existing clients and driving our new business pipeline by delivering a calendar of best-in-class marketing activity. You will be working with a well-established and highly successful team of marketing experts and there will be plenty of opportunities for growth and career development.
The role will support two of Merkle’s six Service Lines and you will also be expected to provide support on admin duties such as processing invoices and managing the budget, managing the awards process and other supporting activities for the VP, EMEA marketing.
This role offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and organised individual that is looking to dive into marketing and turbocharge their early career at one of the most exciting and successful marketing companies in the UK.
Life as a marketing executive at Merkle
This is a varied and busy role, spanning all aspects of marketing that supports our growth and brand.
· Support the process for delivering our busy multimedia campaign calendar across paid media, email, sponsored content and organic social and SEO.
· Create landing pages for thought leadership campaigns, blogs, case studies and press releases.
· Collaborate with team members such as IT, PR, sales and client partners to ensure seamless delivery of all activity across our technology stack including working on Salesforce and Adobe platforms
· Post marketing activity such as blogs, papers, press release, case studies on Merkle’s social channels and website
· Build and launch paid social ads to support marketing campaigns
· Write creative briefing forms and set deadlines for the creative department on design work
· Potential to manage the Awards process for the UK business, including managing the calendar, submitting and checking entries, to ensure the delivery of high-quality entries that are delivered on time and to budget.
PR & comms
· Project manage press releases and plan them into the central calendar to ensure no overlap
· Liaise with relevant colleagues within the marketing team to coordinate press releases and send to the PR agency as required
· Read and proof press releases to ensure they are hitting our key messages and are in the right style and tone
· Provide support on our internal newsletters and internal comms, pulling together content and sending to our email delivery team
· Support on agency end of year and corporate videos as required
· Support in the delivery of events and webinars including their organisation, marketing activity, communications, and final execution
· Working with the designer to develop creative assets that ladder up to our brand
· Coordinate branded collateral to distribute at events
· Liaise with finance to ensure all invoices are checked, approved and paid on time, ensuring payments are recorded on the marketing budget tracker.
· Assist staff with queries about assets and any marketing collateral.
· Work with the senior marketing manager to ensure PowerPoint report decks and collateral are up to date and on brand.
· Ensure the agency intranet is kept up to date with all marketing content so that the entire EMEA business can access it.
This varied and exciting role provides an introduction to all aspects of marketing, ensuring a diversity in day-to-day work, and guaranteeing the development of a varied skillset.
· We anticipate you will be a new graduate or bring 1-2 years’ experience in marketing from an agency or large corporate environment with experience of all aspects of marketing, especially within digital.
· This role suits a collaborator and someone who can work in a team, be creative, proactive, come up with ideas for how to improve the team’s performance, whilst also understanding the importance of process.
· It is part marketing delivery, part admin and part support in contributing to the team’s overall marketing strategy.
· Strong overall communication skills are desired, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with senior stakeholders. You’ll have the ability to remain calm and professional under rapidly changing circumstances.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a clear understanding of content strategy and storytelling to support go-to-market messaging
· Ability to juggle multiple projects whilst remaining detail-focused and proactive
Must be a team player but also able to work with limited day-to-day supervision.
The Interview Process
Firstly, we suggest you apply at your earliest convenience (make sure you’ve done your research!) as our roles are always very popular and do fill quickly. We hire on a first-come basis.
In this position, you will be focusing solely on marketing for the business itself so we will want to see a passion and enthusiasm for marketing. This interest can be showcased in your research and any previous experience or anything you have done in your free time.
· Application – When you apply you will be asked a couple of questions to showcase your interest in marketing.
· Video Interview – If your application is successful you will be asked to complete record a video interview (they sound scarier than they are, we promise!). The video interview is a chance for us to get to know more about you and your knowledge, skill set experience and passion.
· Online Interview – If successful after a video interview then you would progress to the Online Interview. This is a chance for you to meet the team via video call, learn more about the company and showcase your skills, passion and research in person.
· Final Interview – If you reach the final interview, it will once again be an online video interview with the team.
Throughout the entire process we will be wanting to learn more about you as an individual (your interests, skills and understanding of the role), your passion for this area and the research you’ve done. Don’t focus on the nerves, make sure you come prepared and ensure you interview us as well! At the end of the day you’ll be with us 5 days a week, so you want to make sure its somewhere you want to work to.
If you have any special requirements or needs throughout the interview process, please let us know so we can accommodate these.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.