We are looking for a Goods Flow Team Manager who will focus on driving excellence. As a leader of people, you can communicate your opinion and see opportunities instead of problems. You have a holistic approach, are customer focused and are not afraid to take the initiative. You thrive in a changing environment and are good at building trusting relationships with the people around you.
- Support the Goods Flow Manager in coordinating and optimizing goods flow operations in store, resulting in agreed goods availability for customers at the lowest possible costs.
- Be the ambassador of the IKEA Value chain within your team through supporting to secure the objectives and goals stated in the Global Service Protocol, local appendices and service agreements with the Transport Service Providers.
- Lead the co-workers within my area of responsibility in order to coordinate and optimize the goods flow operations under my control.
- Share knowledge with colleagues and business partners to support their competence development, particularly the understanding of the principles of effective and efficient goods flow and health and safety in goods handling.
- Identify, recruit, retain and develop the many talents in the goods flow team to secure a diverse, competent team that can execute it’s assigned responsibilities with confidence and secure the future succession.
- Secure effective, qualitative and efficient goods flow within area of responsibility in order to guarantee a positive customer shopping experience through quality of products, merchandising and stock accuracy.
- Contribute with relevant goods flow input and feedback to the store business plan and logistics action plan and ensure that these actions are implemented in the inbound- and outbound goods flow processes.
- Live the IKEA values and nurture a strong and thriving IKEA culture that inspires colleagues to reach extraordinary achievements in the store and especially in the goods flow team.
- Contribute to positioning the IKEA store and the IKEA Brand as responsible partners in lowering environmental impact by taking relevant actions that contribute to achieving long-term profitability in a sustainable and environmental way.
- Through this I contribute to achieving our agreed product availability for our customers at the lowest possible costs.
- Ensure that your team works in compliance with the IKEA code of conduct, internal IKEA regulations and local legislation relating to health, safety and security and the environment.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to maximize efficient logistics operations and plan for future needs by considering space, equipment and people as part of the total supply chain capacity.
Qualification & Experience:
- Business-minded with a clear customer focus.
- Proven knowledge and working experience in a managerial role
- Proven leadership skills and success in building teams and motivating people
- Being an ambassador for IKEA culture and values both internally and externally
- Ability to prioritize and organize your own work and your team to make efficient use of the time available
- A proactive self-starter with a willingness to learn and solve problems
- Ability to implement a structured way of working with evaluation and follow-up
- A strong leader and a team player with the ability to properly assign goals to co-workers and motivate them.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people on different positions in the organization
- Ability to make quick decisions and take personal initiatives.
- Knowledge of health and safety laws, standards and regulations related to warehousing activities
- MS Office knowledge
- Ability to work through others, set priorities, delegate responsibility and give open and honest feedback.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A